Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] darkness...now open

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 21:29 Edited at: 26th Oct 2008 10:35
page no longer exists....

thanks, pirate
pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 11:00
We will be starting several community projects soon...These projects will be members only...No experience needed...

thanks, pirate
pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 08:10
we have started 2 community projects on the jandscreations.com forums...1] xna studio rpg game...2]blitz3d fps game....
coming soon 3]dbpro fps game...the dbpro project should start some time in october 2008...everyone is welcome with or without experience....thanks

thanks, pirate
Eevil Weevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 20:25
Very nice! Thanks, helped alot.

Impossible? Anything is impossible. 48'6F'77'20'64'61'72'65'20'79'6F'75'20'77'6F'72'6B'20'6F'75'74'20'6D'79'20'73'69'67'21

pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 02:28
you are welcome...

thanks, pirate
Attila
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
nice
pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 20:13 Edited at: 14th Oct 2008 20:13
thanks attila,
if anyone runs across any dbpro tutorials whether it be in the forum here or on another site that would be good on the darkness page be sure and point these out to me and i will convert them to pdf and add them to the site...thanks

thanks, pirate
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 04:38
Well, pirate, you hosted my tutorial on your website without my permission. And not only that, but you hosted EVERYONE'S tutorials on your website (I'm guessing without their permission either).

First of all, you have good intentions, but you're also just trying to get a bunch of trafic to your website, when none of the tutorials on there are even yours! You did no work, what so ever.

I demand you take my tutorial off your website, please, and thank you. If you had asked before hand, or at least linked to my website in my tutorial on your website, I would have let you.

I'll wait for you to take my tutorial off. I'm sure you'll understand what you did wrong.

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 23:40
I asked nicely a week ago. My tutorial is still on your website. I'm sure you've seen my message.

Please, remove my tutorial from your website.
This is the last time I will ask.

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 01:36 Edited at: 26th Oct 2008 01:45
Quote: "Well, pirate, you hosted my tutorial on your website without my permission. And not only that, but you hosted EVERYONE'S tutorials on your website (I'm guessing without their permission either)."

Wow, should have asked all of the Author's permission first. This Violates the AUP here as well.
Quote: "2. Website Usage Rules
We spent many years collecting the information presented on our websites. This includes user testing, taking screen shots, writing reviews and content related to software and products on offer. For all of our websites the following rules apply:

2.1 Do not make offline versions of our websites
2.2 Do not mirror our website unless you are an official publisher
2.3 Do not link into search results without express written permission
2.4 Do not extract or reuse any information from our site without express written permission
2.5 You use all information presented on this site at your own risk

5. Copyrights
5.1 All third party files offered on our web sites remain the copyright of their respective holders. The postings made in the Forums remain the copyright of their respective author.

5.2 By posting your messages / files and screen shots to our web sites you are giving us express permission to display and redistribute those files in any manner we see fit including all forms of digital and printed media.

5.3 If you wish to post screen shots / files that are of work controlled under copyright and/or distribution restrictions then you must obtain permission from us before doing so, otherwise you forfeit this right. The content of all web sites, unless stated otherwise, is (C) Copyright The Game Creators Ltd, all rights reserved.
"

Quote: "I asked nicely a week ago. My tutorial is still on your website. I'm sure you've seen my message."

And your name is PIRATE!!!

"When I look at that square... I wish FPSC noobs would stay on their side of the forums and stop polluting these boards." - Benjamin
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 02:59
ah ha ha ha. Thats a sad irony.
Pirate, I think you made a good effort, but make you stick to the rules, less the rent-a-cops of the internet come and eat you and your soul.

This is my WIP, not even ready for a WIP thread yet though.http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Sid Sinister
Years of Service
User Offline
Sifted through the code, apparently pirate's other email is jnscox2006@sbcglobal.net.

Pirates MSN email is jands@jandscreations.com. Found that out too.

I say we just spam the sh!t out of him if he doesn't take the stuff down. I know of a few sites, we can email bomb him with 300 newsletters a day.

We could probably even report him to Yahoo, seeing as he's using their hosting.

"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" - Isaac Newton
-Computer Animation Major @Baker.edu-
pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 09:39 Edited at: 26th Oct 2008 10:39
i am sorry if i offended anyone for putting the tutorials on the site...i did not think it would upset anyone here...i can see that everyone here is upset about it...the page was designed to promote dbpro...i will just remove the whole page...and the dbpro tutorial section...i set all this up with the purpose to help people out by putting all the good tutorials in one place...i work very long hours so i guess i missed your posts...i am very sorry for upsetting you and i have learned a lot from your tutorials...you can go ahead and spam me or whatever you like...

Quote: "I asked nicely a week ago. My tutorial is still on your website. I'm sure you've seen my message."

i did not see this because i have been working a lot of hours..i will get it removed right now...sorry again.....pirate

[edit] i have removed everything related to darkbasic and this site...i hope this makes you happy...i will no longer support dbpro or any of its material on my site. i will no longer spend my time promoting the product...blitz is better anyway...have a good life...pirate

thanks, pirate
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 12:46
ummm... i think most of those people would be happy to let you put their tutorials on your site, all people were getting annoyed about was that you didn't ask permission first. I'm pretty sure you could put them back up if you asked first and/or linked back to the original creators page. It's just general good practice.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "blitz is better anyway...have a good life...pirate"

Untrue, and inappropriate.

CPU: AMD X2 6000+ 3.0ghz GFX: NVIDIA BFG Geforce 8800GTS 640MB OC-550mhz core RAM: 2048mb

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 16:59
Quote: "i will no longer spend my time promoting the product...blitz is better anyway"

You know I actually still had some respect for you for accepting that you'd made a mistake a rectifying it, right up until that very last moment where you made a juvenile and pointless rebuke.

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 17:00
Also, they'd probably be mad too if you put their tutorials on your site without permission or credit

It's not just for BYOND you know!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:26:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:26:33