Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Using two joysticks in the same game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 16:38
Hello

Could anyone help me please. I amtrying to get DBP to read the inputs from two joysticks simultaniously - with no success

I have got one of those 'Dual PSX/USB' thingies that allow you to connect two Playstation controllers to your PC via the USB port.
It works great with most commercial games and DBP can be programmed to use it as the default joystick. However, I can only get it to read the input from the first controller.

I used this code to ensure that joystick 1 was functioning:

And it was.
I then inserted two more lines to test joystick two :

a$=checklist string$(2)
set control device a$

below is the full code with these two lines inserted:

With these two extra lines I can't get any input form either controller. Can anybody help?

Also; if this is the correct way to go about it, then how would I get the two controllers working at the same time? Because changing the control device to device two will ignore device one.

Thank you
Nine lives to choose from and I get stuck with this one!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 16:42
OK that was my first time entering code into a thread - It didn't work quite as I hoped. But you get the idea. Just take the two lines out to see what I meant the first time around.

Nine lives to choose from and I get stuck with this one!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:25:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:25:41