Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / RCO questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 18:10
Hi here is some questions I have, hope that anyone could help me with those. I will procede as asking questions alway's in that same post. Alway's read the last question of the post, this will be the last question I have. Here is the first one, I am working in DBP with coodrinates all the time like everyone. I can tell where is xyz. But precisely in the screen I don't really know. Is there a common used program (maybe in the code base, I checked but din't found one yet) that you can enter manualy or with the mouse and it will tell you the xyz coordinates. Or maybe I can create on. But I know the mouse position is different than the screen position used for DBP ex: if xyz is 0,0,0 the mouse have only x and y. For the mouse 0,0 it is top corver left. But coordinates for DBP 0,0,0 will be center screen. This is what I need to know.

Thanks

When it is too complicated it is because you are trying at the wrong door.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 18:21
You can't directly relate the two things - it depends where your camera is and the angle it is pointing.

PICK SCREEN will let you easily translate from an X/Y screen position to a 3D position. Check the help files for full details.

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 13:39
Is it possible to make ray cast to be showed. Like if it is a bullet?

-Win XP SP3 -P4 3go/Ge Force 9600 GT driver 177.92
PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Packe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:27:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:27:40