Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / need help with game basics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 18:35 Edited at: 20th Sep 2008 19:24
im sure there are many things i need to improve on here. im quite new to this and could use all the help i can get. i thought i would start off small and recreate the atari game gauntlet. i have been picking up bits and peices off of the site and studying them to figure out how they work. but im havng some difficulties in a couple of areas.

is there an easier way to create a maze of walls

how do i set the collision in the corners so the character can not slide through

and the alien characters animation does not seem to run correctly

and a few other things, but 1 step at a time. if anyone has an ideas, comments or examples. this is what i have so far.
please help. let me know if there is any other information needed. thanx

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 19:24 Edited at: 20th Sep 2008 19:25
calcyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 16:46
Quote: "please help. let me know if there is any other information needed. thanx"

People would be able to help you easier if you placed your code in functions/procedures/subroutines. That would make your code easier to read and understand.

Quote: "Is there an easier way to create a maze of walls?"

Oh, yes. Use arrays and read the data from a file. Do not hardcode coordinates in your source code, it just gets messy and slow to compile.

The optomist's right, The pessimist's right.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:31:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:31:23