Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / need tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 16:33
i understand that there isn't anything like weapon creator for x10 but i still want to add my own content into my games so if you know of good tutorial that explanes how to make characters, weapons and objects.

Thanks in advance javascript:insertSmiley('')
javascript:insertSmiley('')
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 17:51
That's too broad of a question to get a good answer. It's all here. You just need to search for it. Unfortunately most of it is not packaged up into nice concise tutorials. However, that's probably due to the fact that we all use different tools. You might start by searching on the tools you use.

Believe it or not, I really don't enjoy telling people to just go search. But unless a question is specific, searches are your best bet. And I never tell people to search unless I've actually seen an answer for their question myself.

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 05:22
ok here are some better questions:

1...can someone show me how to convert models from .obj to .x
2...how do i make guns and put them into fpsc x10
3...how do i make characters and put them into fpsc x10

is that good enough
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 10:41 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2008 10:43
Okay im going to try and help you to my best.

1. The 3D modeler you have should have an save/export to .x option if not then find a converter. Milkshape is good and there's some others out there to.

2. If you go to the fps creater chat there is a thread called The OFFICIAL Community Guide to FPSC. It was made for x9 but will also help you in x10. And it covers alot...

3. If you go to http://www.caligari.com/ It has video tutorials on how to model and other stuff ya there base in truespace but it gives you the basic on how to model in any 3D modeler. Oh did i mention Truespace 7.6 is free also it what i use and it converts to .x already..

Well i hope that helped at lest a little.
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 18:34
Thank seth zero. the only thing is when ever i try to download the guide it stop half way through
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 18:51
sorry i don't mean the modeling part i know how to do that i just mean putting them into fpsc x10 and having them work with normal map and everything
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 21:15 Edited at: 25th Sep 2008 21:17
don't listen to uthink he lives to come to this forum just to tell people to search.

As of right now I have yet to see a single person get a weapon into this game correctly I can make the model show up to be picked up and shoot, but have not been able to get it to display on the hud correctly and apparently nobody else has either.

The tutorials you want for x10 simply do not exist, like zero said quite a bit of what applies to regular fpsc applies to x10.

For basic static models entity workshop will help you quite a bit in actually getting the model into x10.

What program are you using for modeling? I can help you with the basics if you're using milkshape as that's what I use.
I haven't done much with characters yet so I'm not much help there.

Also please try to make all of you questions in one thread, it makes it easier for us to help.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 05:48
Quote: "don't listen to uthink"

I've helped far more people here, and contributed more than you have. If you've got a beef with me then email directly and stop the elementary school rhetoric. Your statement serves no purpose.

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 17:42
Quote: "I've helped far more people here, and contributed more than you have"

well all you have done for me is complain about me and crumbaker has helped me in just this one answer(sorry but its true) :-|.

and crumbaker i use milkshape(which im bad at) and i use truespace 7.6 and cb pro.?
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 21:26 Edited at: 27th Sep 2008 21:27
Well, making static (or even dynamic) objects is relatively easy. What I'd recommend is to take an existing entity similar to what you want to make and copy it. Then modify the .FPE file so that it uses your model and texture instead (and make any other changes you want as well).

As to characters and weapons, I think the same should work...theoretically. I haven't really tried it yet. But I must sympathize with crumbaker as to the lack of tutorials for weapons/entities and general support...I'll be taking a shot at characters once I finish skinning and animating an enemy I've made...

For converting from .obj to .x, just about any modeler will do, right now I use Blender because it imports/exports most important formats...truespace for animations (because it's good and free). For making the actual models though, I'd highly recommend AC3D. It's probably the most user-friendly modeling program available. And it exports to .x
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 16:47
thx jingle fett
Life Tap
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm going to give you a good piece of advice Asher, look through the install path of FPSCx10 and look at the files, go to the entitybank, the texturebank, the gamecore folder, audio bank, all of them, all the folders, open up the .fpes, the .fps's all the txt files, see the structure of the files and itll help you alot.

And btw, posting 8 million threads is really annoying, keep all your questions in one thread.

People on these forums typically wont do your work for you. You cant be lazy and be a game designer, you'll never get anything done.

The Unspoken
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 04:28 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 04:28
Quote: "well all you have done for me is complain about me "

Hmm, seems as though on the 21st you thanked me for helping you in a post on a different thread. LOL How quickly one forgets.

And don't just limit yourself to looking for tutorials here. There are plenty of them on other boards.

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 17:48 Edited at: 30th Sep 2008 08:07
thx life tap.

and uthink i do thank you for some things but you also complain.
now can we just forget this its getting boring being angry all the time
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 19:18
i don't quite understand how to make characters. heres what i don't get

1.i don't understand that animating, why doesn't it autimaticaly have an animation once you rig it to a skellitan
2.im not good at texturing but im ok at modeling so is it possible to send someone the uv mapping of my model to texture

thx in advance
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 04:12
1. It's like a robot. Just putting the pieces together isn't enough. You have to have a program that tells it how to walk, jump etc. Once you make your model, you need to tell it how to move. That information is stored and FPSC uses it to make your characters move. This also allows you to create your own special movements such as Bond's custom melee http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=134970&b=24

You don't want FPSC doing this for you because then every character would walk and fight the exact same way.

2. Yes it's possible. Many are busy with their own, so it may take a while to find someone. In the end, almost everyone ends up learning how to model, texture and script themselves. Simply because you can't count on anyone unless you are paying them. Texturing isn't really that hard once you study certain techniques such as adding grunge for wear and tear.

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 18:28
i can make the texture but im still experimenting with adding it to the uv

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:36:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:36:02