Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / i need help writing some codes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ive got a project for school using regular darkbasic. i have a 3d terrian called object #6. if i write turn collision object on 6 it doesnt come on. i can still go through hills. it would be great if someone could make the code that i could use. i made a variable for it FloorNum = 6. Another code i cant figure out how to do is i have dips in the terrain and the player object wont go down(just stays straight on a solid floor) in the dips. how would the gravity be setup in that? it would be great if someone would post a code for that. my last peice of code im having trouble with is i want a turret to shoot at my player every 2 seconds and i have no idea how that works. so once agian it would be great if someone posted code for that to. or it would be even better if someone would post a tutorial on how to do these things on youtube.com or something, so i actually get something out of it.if you do that post or send me a link.
THANK YOU SO MUCH
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 10:49 Edited at: 25th Sep 2008 10:51
Firstly, this is the wrong board for requests - please read what the boards are for before posting in them. I've moved this to Newcomers corner for you.

Secondly, all of your questions can be answered with a simple search in the forums and in the codebase.

Thirdly, people will not just write the code for you (this is a surefire way to get ignored with future requests). Show what you have done so far, and the specific part that is causing you problems right now.

All of this may sound a bit harsh, but it's simple netiquette that will help you get the answers you need in the future. Good luck!

calcyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 17:40
Quote: "Thirdly, people will not just write the code for you (this is a surefire way to get ignored with future requests)."

Except for me, that is

The optomist's right, The pessimist's right.
paint color
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, calcyman that was hilarious
pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 06:52
good job calcyman!

thanks, pirate
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 14:23
I think you owe Calcyman a pint

Jesusaurisrex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 02:30
as nice as clacyman was, it simply encourages noobs to make GIMME TEH CODEZ threads. i think because your grade is at stake, its ok but mostly people will just get noob slapped. you got off easy this time.

Have fun learning how to program.

if you call me an idiot/retard again, ill stick my finger in your mouth, and i have a really dirty finger, you don't want it in there!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:25:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:25:18