Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Notice to FMTau Users

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 20:49
It is poinless flaming and Raven is no longer here and the point of this is for Raven to tell info on the FMT and RavenStudio site...

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 21:05
Quote: "I don't even know where to start with my company. I'll worry about it once I finish(or come near to finishing), a good game. When I reach that point, I'll just have to find a good lawyer, who will work for free and give me some tips. I dunno, if "I" myself, am able to legally own a business at my age. But, you can read my other post, a couple posts up, about my theory on my parents signing for me, and then employing me."

You don't want a lawyer you need an accountant you does a lot of work with small businesses and will know about all the forms and where to find the relevent information. It's not really difficult you could do it yourself you just need to know where to find the information. The accountant will also be skilled in talking to bank managers etc. Just be wary that like any profession their are accountants that will try to rip you off.
WOLFY
Years of Service
User Offline
Mattman,
Let me show you a magic trick.
OK, I'm standing in front of you holding up a blanket that is hiding both feet. I lift the blanket to reveal both of my feet. Wait... that isn't the trick yet. I lower the blanket to once again cover both feet. ABRACADABRA-ALACAZOO! I now lift the blanket to "almost" knee level and to your amazement.... I only have one leg. OK... hold the applause. I once again lower the blanket. ALA-PEANUTBUTTER SADWITCHES! and lift the blanket to reveal... BOTH FEET ARE BACK!

If you are wondering how the magic trick could have possibly worked... then, well nevermind. Otherwise, listen: While Raven's charade is a small amount more complicated than this... it isn't by much. Look for the smoke and mirrors.

WOLF

HOOOWWWLLL!!!
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 21:26
As i have stated already:

I HAVE TALKED TO RAVEN & FMT AND IT IS LOOKING GOOD!!!

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 21:32
Quote: "It is poinless flaming and Raven is no longer here and the point of this is for Raven to tell info on the FMT and RavenStudio site..."

If he wants to provide information without comment he can do it on his own site.

If he posts it here where people can reply with what they want it's a bit stupid to get pissed of when people point out he is wrong.
8truths
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 21:33
Mattman -- Nothing with Raven is informational.

Everything become this big, protracted attempt to use words to bend everyone to his vision of the world, where he is a Christ-figure.

Thread should be locked?

Probably. But, how many of Raven's flames have been allowed to burn until the trees were all gone?

Raven is impervious to reason (who the hell says Coke Soda would not be a TM infringement on Coca-Cola?!).

Eventually, when you tire of his trolling, and his strange attempts to just keeping saying something while click his heels three times, you decide to post something to get him back.

Why?

Because it is hilarious; screwing with Raven is cheaper than a movie.

Because he has some mental disorder that prevents him from seeing other people's views; go back and look at the Amiga IDE HD post, cause that's the classic.

Because he is a self-supported vain-glorious poser who has an MSN e-mail, an AOL account, and a Lycos website; yet he thinks we should all take him seriously as this industry insider, sight unseen of 99% of his work while he struggles to assemble a company of one man.

But mostly because it is funny when a guy who can't even do Javascript -- see his amazing post where he demonstrates that he has never seen the old-school work-around for when JavaScript void() kills your navigation -- makes outlandish statements that he is going to rain hellfire, brimstone, juicy frogs, and rolled-up newspapers on his enemies if they don't stop antagonizing him.

Rvan is so full of his own BS that he won't acknowledge reality until he is served with a summons from nVidia and Raven Software.

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 22:54
That's enough for now.

I know flames are pretty common in Raven's posts but just give it a break until the two week deadline for TPC DLLs is up - you can then (quietly) make your own judgements

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 21:02
I've lost track of this a bit while I was away, but I have a question : is this console still able to run DB games? Raven's talk seems to suggest he's got some special non-DB stuff running, and I'm wondering if we can still develop for this with just DB

You are the th person to view this signature.
GRAVITY: I fought the law but the law won
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 23:26
Raven:

Quote: "
i'm actually saying that i'm not gonna be here much AFTER the site is back up, basically this next fornight is an overhaul - after that it'll be a struggle to contact me.
there are ALOT of projects finally closing this month...
- Zelda will be released August 20th
- Desert Fox will be released within the next 3weeks (depending on how long it takes fallout to finish the soundtrack)
- TPF DLLs ... GeoTerra / MeshExtention / Winuis / DarkKarma - will all be released within a matter of 2weeks (if that, i'm really just writing up help atm)

"

Well, 2 week are well and truely up. So what is current status...

l8r,
Kevin Picone
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[/url]
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 23:59
current status is based on the site really...
i didn't realise i'd end up doing everything myself again.
getting pretty sick and tired of forever being left in the lurch to do everything myself.

Desert Fox is no further on from when i started this post i've not had time to touch it,
Zelda is comming along - i'm not exactly sure what is going to be released but something will be.
My DLLs are kinda done, but i've dropped Winus ... just didn't want to bother with it and i doubt anyone will miss it.

i want to get my site finished and quite frankly i haven't a clue what i'm doing, trying to get all of the artwork done for it asap.
still waiting for the music from fallout (or even an email to lemme know what is going on at all)

atm i'm pretty fed up with everything thats been going on, especially as the new CEO of FMTau Labs hasn't contacted me in like 2 flipping weeks... i dunno.

gonna release the DLLs soon, gonna rewrite some of them to be DBP specific - sod other languages for now, i just don't have the time to spend on them & on my other projects that don't include DBP.
hoped that August would see the end of all of these sodding projects i'm doing, instead it seems like i have more than ever and everyones buggered off.

i'm still waiting for the IDE that puffy is suppose to be developing for me ... if i have to end up making that as well i swear i'm gonna go on a rampage cause this is just not on.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2003 03:25
'i didn't realise i'd end up doing everything myself again. getting pretty sick and tired of forever being left in the lurch to do everything myself.'

That tends to happen when they're your own projects. Help dosen't tend to appear like a faery godmother, in my expirience at least. Why are you so shocked about having to do your own work?

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2003 03:29
Probably because he thought he had some people helping, but they decided to bog off...

Logo design by Indi
Its better than a poke in the eye...
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2003 03:36
Good decision...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2003 04:02
Not at all...

Logo design by Indi
Its better than a poke in the eye...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2003 04:22
i dunno what sick lil world you live in Mouse, but people promise to do something and jack me on it - sorry but that just ain't cool in my books.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 22:37
Raven, get used to it. You act like the king and so work like the king. That's where i am stuck at too though. Stinks doesn't it...

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Quote: "Life Is Short" That's a bummer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 08:27:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 08:27:36