Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Lasting Post

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 15:00 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2003 15:11
I want this post to be like a website. I advertise it, people visit it and it stays here for ages. I'd usually make a normal website, as I am skilled at HTML code, but it takes ages to get any visitors. Here I'll write about all my projects, what I'm doing lately and just in general, stuff!

All I ask of you to keep this 'site' alive is to reply to this post continually. I won't make new posts in this, just edit this one here. From know on I'll post everything in here, I'll hardly ever make a new topic.

Well, lets get started....

Remake Competition
Soon, when I receive my free copy of Multimedia Fusion in the mail I am going to make a few 2d games. My aim is to get the 'Worst Remake' award at the Remakes.org competition. But I will enter loads of games (better ones) so I could win, but I don't think I will, cause I don't have much time (a few days once I receive the software).

Game Making Sites
Here are a few of my favourite game making sites:
http://www.gameprogramming.org
http://www.bladegames.tk

If you notice this notice you'll notice that this notice is not really a notice!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 15:36
I think you need to look at some more serious sites for that:

http://www.gamedev.net
http://www.gamasutra.org

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 16:55 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2003 16:55
Quote: "Soon, when I receive my free copy of Multimedia Fusion in the mail I am going to make a few 2d games. My aim is to get the 'Worst Remake' award at the Remakes.org competition. But I will enter loads of games (better ones) so I could win, but I don't think I will, cause I don't have much time (a few days once I receive the software).
"

Yes, never before have I seen someone make loads of quality games in less then 8 days that would be good enough to win a competition that's been going for 2 months. Good luck.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 17:05
Actually, I think people would get sick of checking this topic really quickly. I mean, nobody likes clicking a topic, waiting for it to load, going to the last page, scrolling all the way down - only to find some irrelevant nonsense that Van-B has posted at the end.

I think your website is the best way, like maybe an online diary that people could check out periodically.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 18:58
On top of that, long topics bog the forum down.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 19:03 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2003 19:03
Quote: " have decided to add these genres that will be deleted upon posting."
Quote: "alternative products and help requesting for alternative products."
If i was a mod, i would most likely delete or lock this, as it is an advertisment and breaks the rules creted by indi.
Quote: "
Remake Competition
Soon, when I receive my free copy of Multimedia Fusion in the mail I am going to make a few 2d games. My aim is to get the 'Worst Remake' award at the Remakes.org competition. But I will enter loads of games (better ones) so I could win, but I don't think I will, cause I don't have much time (a few days once I receive the software)."
You should create a beta or program announcement when you are acyually creating it. This is one of the things i would do as mods people!

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 19:17
Tomatoes taste nice.

That could be considered an ad .

Joking - but there should be some leeway in the General Discussion, in fact if it isn't illegal or offensive I think it should be left alone.

We've had long discussions comparing Blitz to DBPro, which is far more of a rival than Fusion.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 19:23
/me buys some Tomatoes.

Bender:Blackmail’s such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The x makes it sound cool.
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 19:34
In indi's rules it says they don't allow other software advertisements, other than db games in beta/program announcements.

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 19:50
Quote: "We've had long discussions comparing Blitz to DBPro"

Oh boy... lets not start that again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:40:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:40:58