Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Coming Soon : PurePLUGIN *Pro*

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 16:27
Hi All,

I'm happy to announce you that I will soonly release a special version of PurePLUGIN : "PurePLUGIN Pro".
The Actual PurePLUGIN Package will become : "PurePLUGIN Basic"

What will be new in PurePLUGIN Pro ?

PurePLUGIN Pro will allow you, using PureBASIC to create plugins for DarkBASIC Professional just like PurePLUGIN (Basic) do. Excepted that with PurePLUGIN Pro you will not need the PurePLUGIN.DLL file. All will be included in your own created DLL. That mean that no one will know that your plugin was created using PurePLUGIN.

More to this, this version can be extended, if you follow the structure and the explanations, you will be able to add support for your favourite existing plugins from within your PurePLUGIN Pro plugin (excepted for TheGameCreators licenced plugins that are protected)
If you want to support PurePLUGIN Basic, you can submit us your support for third party DarkBASIC Professional plugins and we will add these in the future PurePLUGIN Basic releases.

Now, it is also time to talk you about limitations :
Limitations are quite simple : You are allowed to create plugins. You ARE NOT allowed to create "plugins creator" system similar to PurePLUGIN.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 12:42
@ Freddix - any further news on this??

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 18:21 Edited at: 12th Nov 2008 10:29
@Duffer : Hi,
I will soonly change of employement ... That mean that between 27th november and 7th december I will not work (some sort of holidays) ... And then I will have these 10 days available to finish to prepare all news packages and updates..
This period should allow me to make some releases.

Kindest Regards,
Fred

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 17:27
Looking forward to it.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 16:19 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2009 16:22
@ Freddix,

With Pureplugin Pro :-

1) Will we still need to utilize that PPFixer or can that part of the process be removed?

2) Could you set up an application to parse the pb files to autogenerate at least a draft of the resource file?

3) A bit more to ask - perhaps impossible - but could you set up an application to parse the pb files to autogenerate at least a draft of the ini keyword file?

Finally, how far are you towards releasing PurepluginPro? Price?

regards,

Duffer

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 19:19 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2009 19:21
@Duffer:
I will try to answer you these few questions.

1. You also have to use PPFixer with *PurePLUGIN Pro*
2. I cannot actually setup an application to do this job (too few times) It's something that can be hazardous to do because the final DBPro commands can have a name really different from the function name... All depend on the name you want to give to your DBPro command/function. [EDITED]
3. I cannot actually setup an application to do this job (too few times)

Maybe later for questions 2 and 3 ... It's something I add in the "to do list" ... but I'm not sure on when and how I'll setup this ... and I don't know if I'll add this at this time.

Kindest Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 11:43
@ Freddix - how goes it - how close is this to release?

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 17:38
@Duffer :

PurePLUGIN Pro should be released within the next few days.
I prepare the webpages and the shop to handle this product and I'll release it.

Kindest Regards,
Frédéric Cordier
Odyssey-Creators

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 18:22
@ Freddix - excellent news - count me in - price?

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 19:36
Count me in too (if the price is good).

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 21:21 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 16:10
@ Freddix - I know, I am being impatient... but any news on release date and price?

actually - Freddix looking at this link:-

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=108595&b=8

be my guest and post my plugin dll on your site if it's still of any use -

[edit]

I also attach a very basic program that generates the two formats of generic res or rc file - of course, you still then have to fill in the correct code per command in the dll - but it helps to have the structure of the rs file there in the first place.

if you the run the program it just creates the scaffolding of the rs/res file in what appear to be the two acceptable formats in the same directory that the program is run in...

[edit]

Also, making a rod for my back, but I'm working on a program which will parse the Your Procedures pb file and guess (hopefully accurately) at an appropriate rc resource file and keywords ini file - even looking at it also producing a basic html. Initial tests working ok. Fingers crossed.

[edit] I should add that the attached is just the basic script file (framework) creator...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 16:11
@ Freddix, any news on release date and price? any discount for existing owners of PurePlugin Basic....

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 00:03
@Duffer : your ideas for procedure seem nice ...
I'm fixing some problems not related to PurePLUGIN these days that's why I'm not really available.

Be sure that there will be an *upgrade* from PurePLUGIN to PurePLUGIN Pro available for registered user at a discount price.

Kindest Regards,
Frédéric Cordier
Odyssey-Creators

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 21:02
@ Freddix - here is the provisional GUI for that utility I am working on.... something is going wrong with the parsing but I'll sort it - thought it could save a potentially large amount of boring time doing the .rc and .ini files - even if you then had to edit/check them....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 09:49
@ Freddix - ping? How goes it? Near release of Pureplugin Pro?

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 13:43 Edited at: 9th Feb 2009 13:46
Hi Duffer.

I'm sorry if I answer late these days.

The beginning of this year is not really good for me ... many bad news make my development progress slow down ...

The first of all, the one that interest the user that want to register my product is that Odyssey-Creators start its 3rd year of activity in a bad situation ... What does this mean ? Simply that taxes and social contributions are now too high regarding to the Odyssey-Creators resources ... That mean that I can't pay what is asked (>10000€)... The result ? I will probably have to stop Odyssey-Creators within the next few days/months ... I don't know actually if I will release PurePLUGIN Pro or not...
I don't know if Odyssey-Creators products will remain available after this or not ... All will depend on if I'll manage to find a solution to make them always available. Of course, I will keep everyone interested up to date about what will happen to Odyssey-Creators within the next few days/months.

The second one that will probably not interest many ... is personall ... I suffer these days the disappearance of a member of my family I particulary appreciated when he was alive ... That makes me not really "in" the spirit to develop more these days ...

I hope everyone will apologize for these events that cause the fact that PurePLUGIN Pro is not yet released ... And that will maybe make Odyssey-Creators stop its activity.

Kindest Regards,
Frédéric Cordier
Odyssey-Creators
http://www.odyssey-creators.com

Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 16:15
Sorry to hear that Freddix!

Do you really have to pay that much for Odyssey-Creators? If so, that's quite something.

I would have thought you'd have to earn quite a lot of money from Odyssey-Creators on an annual basis before being charged like that.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 09:28
@ Freddix,

Really sorry to hear about all that Fred and wishing you some better times, soon. Pureplugin is itself a fantastic utility. Hope you can sort all the finances etc out.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 10:30
@All :
Thank you for your support.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 22:03
@ Freddix,

Hope things are improving for you and you'll soon be the presence you were on these Forums....

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 23:55
@Duffer :
Thank you for these recomforting words.
Officially, Odyssey-Creators will close at the end of this month ... I actually don't know what I will decide concerning the Products X-Quad Editor, PurePLUGIN, eXtends, 2DPluginKIT and 3DMapEditor ... some agreements are under discution but nothing is signed yet.
The important thing is that I will not have the right to resell them myself if I no more have a company (it's that way in France)

feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, even if you have to stop charging, doesn't mean we have to stop giving.

Signed
------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:23:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:23:59