Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / I don't understand why this is happening... any help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there...

I've been trying to import a dynamic entity into X10, without much success. Judging by what I've read here, it seems I'm not alone.

I can import static entities with no problems, using Entity Workshop, but when it comes to dynamic ones nothing seems to work... I've tried everything I can think of... TGC entity creator, copying and amending fpe files from existing entities, updating my drivers, yelling and screaming at my pc... all to no avail.

The weird thing is that the model does appear to exist when I run a test game, but the texture doesn't display properly... I'm using a .dds file, using the DXT5 setting, with _D2.dds tacked on the end of the file name... I'm sure it can't be a problem with the texture, as I tested it on an existing entity from the library, which displayed it correctly.

It's as if there's some issue with the .x model itself, but I don't know what it could be... I keep deleting any .dbo and .bin files that are generated, just to be sure nothing's messing with it.

Here's what I see in the map editor:

And here's what I get when I run a test game:

I'm using X10 version 1.08 (mature). I have a GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb card.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? It's driving me crazy... am I doing something wrong?

TIA

Like a bag of sand...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:35:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:35:26