Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / HUD Image

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 02:23 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 09:06
I'm having a blasted time getting a simple HUD image to appear. I want to customize the HUD (I know how to position the numbers, lives, ammo, all that). Basically like the image when you zoom in, something like that but on the regular screen. I'm trying to make a HUD sort of like in the one in E.L.E.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=137567&b=25

I already have my image...could somebody point me in the right direction? (Where do I save it, what files do I modify, what format, etc.)

Also, has anyone tried applying normal maps to to the HUD?

Settle for nothing but the best.
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 01:26 Edited at: 12th Oct 2008 02:02
Alright, thanks!

In the build game settings though (that's the first place I went), I don't see the option to add an image, just to change the existing ones (like to swap the existing images for different ones). I want to keep everything the same, just add another image. I guess it'd be considered an overlay?

There would be a point to adding normal maps though. It'd let you have refractive effects on the screen. The different glass effects you normally get in-game are really just transparent normal maps. Oh well, maybe a future update.

And I did search. All I got was stuff on how to change stuff, not add it. I want everything the same, just with the image I made. I even checked Plystire's tutorial in Nickydude's Guide, it only said how to move stuff around and change the pictures, nothing about adding stuff.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 11:55 Edited at: 12th Oct 2008 12:01
Yes, but again, you can only change existing options. Like you can change what the image for the health is but the File > Build Game > Level settings > Global script box > doesn't let you create new entries, just modify existing ones. I want add stuff, not change it. Believe me, the Global Script was the first place I looked. For screen overlays, the Global script only lets you change what the Fade Out, Eye Damage and Default Zoom images are. I only want to add something to that section but it doesn't let you.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, what I'm thinking is like a permanent overlay to the whole screen, like the HUD in ELE (What shows up as part of the helmet at the bottom corners and top of the screen). I just want it to be there the whole time. Would I have to manually modify the global script and add bits of code?

H.K.
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
bump

H.K.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 04:56
Didn't they modify source code for ELE?

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm...I really don't know, I didn't think of that. They probably had to to get those visuals...but it shouldn't be that hard to have the screen display a simple full-screen overlay, should it?

H.K.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 11:01
The source code in ELE is edited quite a bit how else do you make FPSC look that good. You can do a full screen overlay with a trigger zone witha script that will show up the image on the screen with either a fade out command or a button to be pressed that will close.

Good Luck

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
So there's no way to make it permanently display an overlay the moment the game starts?

H.K.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:35:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:35:51