Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Air hockey!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 02:36 Edited at: 14th Oct 2008 02:36
This is a game I produced in less than 2 days for the official TGC convention last week. It requires to people to play it, the red mallet uses WASD controls and the blue one uses the arrowkeys for controls.

I am not updating this version but I am about to start work on a new version, and I know there are some bugs in it so please don't report them, I will code the new version to avoid them.

I am looking for feedback/suggestions for the new version. Enjoy

This program requires the physx drivers to run.

TheSturgeon(playing me at chess) : I will use my powers of the horse and pwnzor you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 03:13
That was...

EPIC!

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
Terrorist Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 03:13
AMAGAD!!! HAX!!!
Maj0r bugs in teh coedz!!11111shift0ne

Haha!
No but really I loved the game itself, after losing to you at the convention. I think that the mallets themselves need more response to the players' input, since I kinda found that the mallets took quite a while to respond to the input.

It does get a little irritating when the puck goes down to the bottom where you can't see it and everyone has trouble finding it, maybe move the camera relative to the puck? Not too sure, maybe even ghost the puck (yet still be able to see it) when it goes behind the wood of the table at the bottom.

Apart from the usual bugs that you already know about, I think that's about it for me.

Great job, loved playing it at the convention

AMD X2 6400+ (3.2GHz) // K9A2 Platinum 790FX Mobo // 2GB Corsair RAM 1066MHz // Powercolor HD4870 512MB OC'ed
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 17:10
It did a spectacular job of not running.

I want play boom game

"Oh hey, nice website Jimmy, it's really nice and fancy." -- That C++ Nerd
Visit. Website. NOW!
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 17:39
Quote: "It did a spectacular job of not running."

Haha. Sounds funny.

I tried downloading it, but after completing 51% it stopped loading, I didn't get it working since then.. however, maybe it's just my somehow-strange behaving router, who knows. At least it looks and sounds good.. I hope to test it as soon as possible.

Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 20:56
I'm going away for a few days so I won't be able to work on the new game, but I will be taking pen and paper with which to make hopefully a detailed design and concept of what I want to achieve with the new version.

TheSturgeon(playing me at chess) : I will use my powers of the horse and pwnzor you.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 23:10
How about lowering the screen resolution for starters...

"Oh hey, nice website Jimmy, it's really nice and fancy." -- That C++ Nerd
Visit. Website. NOW!
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 23:34
I will add in highly customizable options to change resolution etc.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2008 21:51
You could always use Box2D v2 for the physics It has continuous collision detection, and is faster than DarkPhysics because it doesn't have to simulate the vertical axis. Also, it needs no drivers!

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 17:40
@ Mnemonix
Diggsey has a point there. I'd suggest using box 2D as well.
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 20:04
That might be a good idea actually I will investigate this in my design.
So far I have decided to go with no physics engine, as the physics I want might be easily achievable with out it, but I will take a look anyway

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:24:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:24:39