Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Sindore thro rift of time

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 05:46 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 01:56
ok so I guess its my turn to make a wip.

here I go I'll add to this as much as I can, I've bin working on a game consept for some years now and never did anything with it.

but that ends now!...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thro The Rift In Time.

basicly an FPS/RPG game based around my Sindore character which is way I use the name as my Avatar.

the game is based in a mythical world of Elf's and Dragons ie a load of the ring type of world, the rift part is a gate way to a future of this would, of which is a bit of a halo type would.

the world has two gods one of good & the other of evil, and just like morrrowind / fable you pick which path you follow.

the starting missions are all about a new magic guild known as techno mage, who have just apered over night and have bought new weapons with them, starting with flintlock rifles and over the corse of the game energy based weapons and fighter jets etc.

I'm hoping to add a multiplayer option to the game but I may have to do some hard core coding here.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 06:07 Edited at: 16th Oct 2008 06:10
here is a gif of some of my partical, this is a bit lower rez than my images, but you get the idea

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 06:18 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 23:15
here is my consetp art for some of the charater in the up and coming game.

here is a basic sketch of Lord Sindore

this is a nice unfinshed sketch of a Stalker

this is a ok pic of a Hunter

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 06:30 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 23:26
the old menu is going to be replaced but here is some pics of the old menu.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 06:41 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 23:24
here is the old menu on overload

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 06:59 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 23:35
this is my old drop down input menu, it was ment to sit at the top of the mane menu screen above, but this was never added.

this is my old load screen, I'll make a better image for this at a latter date.

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 14:27
Oookey

Vickie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 17:35 Edited at: 17th Oct 2008 00:44
hey Sindore, do you have a game design document? or maybe a story
about where you are going with this game. All this stuff looks
pretty random, there really isn't any flow to what you posted. Why
don't you tell us about your vision and where you want to go with
it.

Always~
Vickie

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 01:32
Yep, Vickie's right. A bunch of random images with some related text doesn't really make a game concept. Furthermore even if it did game concepts shouldn't be in here. Functional WIPs with screen shots and possibly a demo should be here.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 00:56 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 23:43
this is some of the newer stuff that I'm working on, this is a drop down menu, if you look up this post then you will see the old one.

this is the buy item menu, its a 2D menu on a 3D object and is fully interactive within the 3D environment, I made this some years ago in dbp, it works a bit like the screens in Doom 3.

this is an old peace of code its a basic rpg sistem.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 19:24 Edited at: 20th Oct 2008 05:00
just a pic of what I've bin up to in dark physic, I will add some of it to my newer game.

this is using ray casting to pick up object and draging them to the camera, I wonted to use this as telekinesis a bit like whats used in starwars the force unleshed.

here is a link to phyX collisions video I made its not that good but have a look and let me know what you think.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LK_XhHQz9QA

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 19:30 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 23:56
this shows a speed blur

I'm going to use this as a drug in the new game.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 01:31 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 23:39
ok here are some screen shots of an older game I worked on some years ago in DBC, I`ve added them be cos I wont to give you an idea of what my game will look a bit like, but I'm using Dbp and Dp to make the new game.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 01:42 Edited at: 20th Oct 2008 05:04
this is a dungon room Im working on at the mo, it has no model's as yet but Im still working on it

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 01:45 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 01:46
That older project that you were working on in DB looks great. I hope everything goes as well in DBP.

Personally I think that you should edit your posts and reorder some things. The first post should be your description in post 3, and should include those images from post 5. All the other images should just be links for people who want to check them out except maybe the particle image and/or the speed blur.

~Zen

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 02:13 Edited at: 20th Oct 2008 00:10
some old trees, I'm going to junk the ones and make new ones, so if any one wonts the models then say and I'll add them as a download.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 02:17 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 23:19
some old work of bushs etc

my old bamboo model

some crapy old grass models

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 02:25
What are you even talking about? These are just random images.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 10:57
@ Alucard94
no there are all images of the type of thing I will be adding in to my new project, I did say this at the top, thats why I've added old and new stuff thats going to be in the new game.

I know its a bit of a juble but I don't have time to sort them at the mo, I will give better exarmples for them latter on. as well as the ode bit of code that I'll be using.

@ zenassem
I'm glad you like what you see I've added some order to this at the top, but for the timebeing you have to put up with my disorganization, will chang thing around like you said
Quote: "The first post should be your description in post 3"

this I have done, I will do more at a latter date.

Vickie
Years of Service
User Offline
The waterfall effect is really cool Sindore, can't wait to see more from you~

Always~
Vickie

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 19:11
Hey sindore some of your screen shots look pretty good. But what is up with your spelling.Having an English teacher for a mom those sort of things stand out to me. rateing,holdeding,helth,sheeled.

Vorg1

Check out Urban Soldier:Requiem
Vickie
Years of Service
User Offline
oh, and fergot to ask, did you cum up with an iderr fer your game
yet?

@vogg1 "GO SPELL CHECK GO!!!!

LMFAO!!!
Vickie

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 19:50
Is that an insult or a joke Vickie

draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 20:33
There is some pretty atrocious spelling in those screens

As has been said, you need to organize your post, this seems to be a bunch of screenshots and descriptions but with no common thread linking them together.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 22:10 Edited at: 19th Oct 2008 22:30
@ Vorg1
haha I'm dyslexic so I do appoligise for my spelling, but its not all my dyslexica some of it is down to my bad tuch typeing. lol

@ draknir_
lol, yer I'm still working on sorting things out here it will make sence in the end.

@ Vickie
Quote: "The waterfall effect is really cool"
thanks but this one wont be making it to my new game but if you wont it you can have it, just lat me know if you wont it or not and I'll add them to your witchgate thread.

yer I have a 40 chapter script I've bin working on for some years, if I can find it then I'll add it, it needs a bit of tidying up here and there, it needs some hard core spell checking to.

the game type is an RPG with FPS / 3rd person / RTS camera controls, I know what you thinking how can it be all of the above, well I worked on camera caontrols for all so I thought I'd add them, I made RPG and RTS element, so again I will add them to, but the camera viwe is going to primeraly be FPS, and the game type is going to be RPG.

@ draknir_
Quote: "this seems to be a bunch of screenshots and descriptions but with no common thread linking them together. "

yer I may need some help with that, but I'll do what I can.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 23:58 Edited at: 20th Oct 2008 02:51
this is a water fall I made some time ago, but I will be using phyX water to make my water falls now.

an old and basic fire fx, I will be using this type of thing in my new game, but with a better texture.

nice looking fire balls there about a year or so old

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 00:14
It's all good sindore. We all have our moments. Just thought I'd point it out.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 05:11
I found some ulta old game pics, there all based in a grave yard, this is the stating scean in the scriped I'm woring on at the mo, but this pic is from a old game I made called grave runner.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 05:15 Edited at: 20th Oct 2008 05:16
here is the menu and load screen for grave runner.

this was the old menu for grave runner

this was one I ended up with

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 05:28 Edited at: 20th Oct 2008 05:31
just two of the bad guys in the old grave runner game

and a weapon form the same game

most of the grave runner game was crap, but it had its moments from time to time.

it had its charms but thats all it had, the game play was pore, as for AI you could run away from the ghosts and back again and it would have only just got to where you had bin in the 1st place. hehe

Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 07:35
I mean no offense, but it seems this thread is less about a current project and more about past projects. It's kind of weird, seeing an original poster derail their own thread despite many people trying to get it back on topic. It's usually the other way around *shrug*

Everything I needed to know about trigonometry, I learned by becoming a game programmer.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 14:07
@ Lucy
lol, yer you could say that what I'm doing is derail a bit, but this stuff I'm posting is all kind of what my new projects going to look a bit like.

I'm going to replace all the old screen shots with the new game screen shots so you can see the migration from an older project to the newer project, I'm hoping to see if I can do this be cos at the mo, all of what I'm doing at this time is not much to look at, all the object are cubes and spheres it dose not make for good viwing.

its like dungon room im working on at post 13, its not much to look at basic texture, primative models etc, I will replace consepts with new coments and screen shots of models of my consept art etc, lake the sketchs at the top of this post.

as for old menu's pic will be replaced with new menu's and so on, I think you get the picture, at lest I hope you do.

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 06:32
Unfortunately, this does not belong on the WIP boards. It is a general work thread, which is nice, but not appropriate for this forum. Saying that you will eventually post game screenshots and show progress, while may be true, is the same thing as a newbie saying they have an awesome game and they just have to make it. There are rules for what belongs in a WIP thread, and how to know when you should post one: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=37738&b=8. Posting images of "the types of things" you plan to have in your game is much different than a WIP. However, you may have noticed the several successful "my models" threads in 3d chat, where this would be much more proper.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 10:10 Edited at: 24th Oct 2008 10:12
Yeah, but he IS working on things for his game, right? Sure, he is talking about old this and ultra old that and mabye giga old there and really old here, but he is working... (By the way, it sounds like you`re saying that this is all old stuff and that you will make a far better game than the old stuff.)

To keep this thread alive, post some screenshots of your new in-game pics, and keep out your old stuff.
BTW, you`re pics are awesome!

AND, hir is somm prüff, that hi is workin` on new stuff:

Quote: "this is a dungon room Im working on at the mo, it has no model's as yet but Im still working on it"

When is your birthday? I will send you a dictionary!

TheComet

Suicide is away of telling God, You can’t fire me I quit !!!!!
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 15:58
Quote: "some of it is down to my bad tuch typeing. lol"

You're supposed to correct it when you make a mistake touch typing

Install a spell checker in your browser, and also make sure you don't make any spelling mistakes in the actual game! It makes it seem extremely unprofessional.

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 23:25
@ TheComet
its the 8/7/1980. lol

@ Diggsey
yer I'll look for a spell checker. lol

I'll correct all my spelling at some point just havent had the time at the mo, will get a friend to check my game for spelling at the end or just get you guys to test play the game and you can tell me where and whats spelled wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:39:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:39:48