Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Scarring in textures - Really need some help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have created a segment in FPS Creator X10 following the FPSC X10 - Texture Tutorial in the Nomad Soul post. My problem is (and I have had it when I tried making an entity with this texture in .jpg form) is that there are 'scars' in the segment. These can be seen from a distance but fade away when you move close to them.

Here are my system specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium
3326MB RAM
DirectX 10
Intel (R)Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz (4CPUs), 2.4GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 2140MB

Attached is a screen shot in FPSC X10 Test Game mode showing the problem.

If anyone could help with this problem it would be a great help and I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Your graphics card is not compatible with the mip-mapping. Contact support, I think it can be turned off.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 03:42
Satchmo is right. This is a mip mapping issue.

Ensure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card.
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
How would I fix the problem?

I downloaded the latest drivers (released on 15/10/2008) for my card and installed them twice, but it didn't fix the problem - infact FPSC X10 building times went really, really slow.

I did some searches in Google on the FPS Creator forums but didn't find much.

Satchmo - When you say 'contact support' whom do you mean - FPSC X10 support, NVIDIA or someone else? Thanks.

I'll post what I find.

Thanks for all of your help everyone.
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried not selecting the mip mapping option in the Gimp section of the tutorial (I use Gimp) but the load times for FPS Creator X10 are now reallllllllly slow. If I create a single segment, a player start marker and a dynamic light and click test build with full graphics settings, it gets to 'Calculating Light Objects 64%' and doesn't go any further. My entire PC slows down and it doesn't work.

Please can someone help me?

Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:53:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:53:19