Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Advanced floors/ceillings

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 01:20
Does anybody have an idea on how to create useful floors/ceillings?

The idea of using a matrix is very ugly, if your floors/ceilling have different z-levels,,,
Or if one wants to make a hole/crack in the floor/ceilling,,,

So far I've done it by drawing alot of triangles which has one side parallel to a wall, and the oposite point of the triangle in the middle of the room.

Do I make any sence?
I was wondering if anybody can think of a nice way to create floors/ceillings?

BTW: This is for use in a Duke3D project if anybody remembers that old game dos-days,,,
Stevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 02:26
Easiest way is to use a level editor or a 3d model app, althought if you do that you don't have the advantage of some of the nifty matrix commands

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 17:29
well, when i make my games, i make the entire building using a 3d modelling program and use the matrix for the floor, for me, the matrix has the advantage that it reacts to lights far better than the objects. As for floor and cracks, i guess in that case you have to use an object.

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering - DMX

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:16:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:16:49