Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Error when playing movie on Story Zone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2008 08:35
When I try to play a wmv file I got an error saying
---------------------------
Error
Unable to open the Movie File
OK

If I use the AVI version instead, FPSC crashes.

I created both files using Windows Movie Maker. The wmv file weights around 3 MB while the AVI weight more than 100 MB.

I am using FPSC X10 1.08 Mature

Please give me some advice on how to workaround this issue.

All you need is love
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2008 11:04
i got a problem when i want to use a picture, in the manuel stands its possible -.-

you need to use .AVI

Baltico
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2008 21:55
If I use the AVI then FPSC X10 Crashes, if I use the WMV then I got the unable to open the movie file.
If I use the sample AVI that comes with software then It works fine. I tries with all the WMV files that come with Windows as video samples and always got the same error, even though on this forums many people state that they work.
I downloaded the FPSC Free Version to test my videos but still nothing, this time no errors but no movie either.

Please help, that is the only thing missing to finish my game.

Does anybody have used videos on FPSC X10, can you share how you created them?

All you need is love
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 06:29 Edited at: 24th Oct 2008 06:31
Quote: "Does anybody have used videos on FPSC X10, can you share how you created them?
"

I Myself encode all my video with Divx... and have never had any trouble

hope this helps
Squalker
Baltico
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 08:19
Thanks, It worked fine when converted to Divx. I don't like the idea of having to use a codec that does not comes with Windows, specially if the sample video plays ok without any tricks; But since I was able to finish my game, I am very happy it worked.

All you need is love
My current projects
Years of Service
User Offline
[quote]
"I Myself encode all my video with Divx... and have never had any trouble"-Squalker How do you encode it? I'm having the same issue. And I added a custom song and it's a .mp3 file and I added a custom .avi file except my game doesn't crash. please help!!http://files.filefront.com/Test+117rar/;12158281;/fileinfo.htmlgo there to download an old version of a map I'm working on. Still in beta but I'll upload my current map soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 08:06:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 08:06:51