Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Fading one bitmap to another

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 11:17
How would one have a bitmap loaded to the screen and fade it into another bitmap. I would post some code but I don't even know where to start with this one.

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water... but Jill got tired of his s#%& so she shot him.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 14:34
Yeah, I'm currently using a screen sized black sprite to fade my 3d scene to blackness and back, using the set sprite alpha command; but it would just as easily work with an actual picture rather than a plain black square.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Daryn Alsup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 05:19
Now I feel (and I really am) blond. No offense to anyone else and thank you both!!!

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water... but Jill got tired of his s#%& so she shot him.
Daryn Alsup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 01:13
Okay now here's another sprite question for the sprite extremests lol. Say I load an animation to image, and this animation has a black background with a particle explosion happening in it's center. If I loop the animation and apply the image to a sprite, the effect should be SOMETHING LIKE a firework right?

Why does the black portions of the AVI animation get copied to the image and then to the sprite? Shouldn't (if the back slave is 1) the black portions not be shown? Let me know

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:32:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:32:23