Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / npc in the game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Üdv all!
I have a question about this software (version x10 ofcourse)
can I talk with an npc in the game? Can I set this? May i wanna to tell a history to the player.
And the second one is the following: Can I give non-player party member to the player? Like cooperative mode..
Thanks!
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Its possible, just add a sound zone
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 10:40
well you can have friends and give them commands, if u want him to really talk... i think you need to buy crazytalk, it can let a picture talk, and save it as a .avi

that's my tactik

cheers mgarand

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 17:36 Edited at: 26th Oct 2008 17:37
Quote: "I have a question about this software (version x10 ofcourse)
can I talk with an npc in the game? Can I set this? May i wanna to tell a history to the player.
And the second one is the following: Can I give non-player party member to the player? Like cooperative mode..
Thanks! "

You can create a script to have conversations with NPC in your game. You should get Nickydudes FPS Creator Guide from the FPS Creator X9 Forum it has a lot of scripting information.

yes in X10 Characters can be set as Allies and can be given Basic Commands.

Hope this helps
Squalker
xanofobia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 23:55 Edited at: 27th Oct 2008 01:50
rakker126:
Thanks but the sound zone is not certainly the best result. my ideal: if I press "e" or any key: the npc talk to me.
mgarand:
I saw some video about Crazytalk. that software is awesome! But if I (or we) use .avi or any video for telling information for players, that will be pre-rendered video
Squalker:
Thanks, than I will use scripts from that forum if that kind of scripting is compatible with fpscreator x10.

I have two question yet:
the first one: can I create questgivers with scripting? (example: "collect 10 something and give it to me")?

at last the second one:
if I press "e" or any key: the npc talk to me. (after, when I press the key, as in a lot of game.)
(EDIT: a read the guide and the answer is there, thanks!! (answer for the second question))

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:30:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:30:49