Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / spaceship style games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i've been thinking is it possilbe to make a spaceship game, im sure if you created a big enought room and filled it with invisable water, and made it real high, you could create a small space flying game, you could create a cockpit for you weapon and animate so theres guns, lasers etc.. on the front. i hope you can understand what im trying to get at. maybe even a enclosed room fillied with invisable with for no gravity games.

is this going somewhere or is it a load of rubbish? i think its worth a test.
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah it is... with scripting
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be possible...if you could get your enemies to take advantage of 3d space. I'm not sure if they already do, but I don't think so...If you could have swimming enemies (like if an update allows for underwater creatures or enemies or whatever), then yes, definitely possible. Just add a HUD image for the cockpit, change the gun so it looks like part of the ship. Make the enemies into spaceships.
I have done the invisible water thing to simulate zero gravity. Works like a charm . I've got a vid of it on youtube... So we just need swimming enemies and there you go, first person spaceship game, no scripting or anything. You'd need to make adjustments and stuff but yeah.
Unfortunately there's not much you can do until we get swimming enemies (or if we even do get swimming enemies)...though you could do other things in the meantime..

Adding lasers is just a matter of adding custom flak to the gun.

H.K.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 22:37
You can change the animation of any enemy.
You can even make the motions appear to be slow
to simulate water resistance.

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
But would they actually swim? I haven't tried it or anything, I'm just wondering
I mean like is there anything in the Dark AI that allows enemies to actually swim and try to attack you and all?

H.K.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 01:35
If you've got the adjustments to make a character appear weightless, there's no reason why it wouldn't work to have it wind it's arms and kick it's legs when a walk or run command is given.

Real swimming would be very very hard because of the physics.
There is no water in FPSC, only the appearance of water. So you
don't have to do as much physics work. It's doable.

I believe Chupa Cabra created a shark character. That's a good demo of just animating the forward motion to show the fish wiggling in a way that looks like real swimming. No reason why you can't do the same with a person. Here's the link...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=135539&b=24

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about! I had seen a video of the same thing, but done in X10 (This video is much better though).

What I mean about being able to swim though, is their ability to go up and down. Do you know if that shark is capable of going up or down? I mean like if you swim up, would it be able to follow you?
I ask because then you could have a huge square room with no walls full of invisible water and with the right skybox it'd look like you're in space and the enemies would be able to chase you and stuff

H.K.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:58:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:58:41