Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Mixing 2D with 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just how much will DBC and DBP allow you to mix @D with #D in the games. Can you make a 3D object originate form a 2D sprite or image? Also can collision between 2D sprites and 3D objects work? Or would you have to go all one or the other for these uses?

Thanks for any assistance.

Rhaythe
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2003 23:08
real collision doesn't work although you might tbe able to gie the illusion of collision, you can mix 2d and 3d for instance having a 3d first person shooter with 2d sprites to make the health bar this works well in pro but not so great in dbc although it is still possible if you don't own either buy pro as it is generally better and it will save you money instead of upgrading from classic.

You know whats weird???
Donald duck never wore pants, yet everything time he got out of the shower he put a towel around his waist...
Whats with that???
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 05:02
Yeah, i might be stuck with upgrading to pro...

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
hooray_for_db
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 07:25
Yeah, the upgrade offer for dbc owners saves you a whopping $5, right? I was thinking, if I go ahead and bite the bullet & upgrade, maybe I should pay full price but sell dbc on Ebay.... think you could get more than $5 for it?

Duck!!! (can't believe I admitted to that)
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 11:08
buy pro through amazon! they are very cheap compared to dbs/tgc

You know whats weird???
Donald duck never wore pants, yet everything time he got out of the shower he put a towel around his waist...
Whats with that???
Rhaythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks ReD_eYe. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

The only problem is that you can't buy Pro through Amazon if your in the US. Or if you can I haven't seen it anywhere. I bought Classic at Compusa myself before I even knew there was a Pro version.

I'll probably be getting DBPro in 2-3 months though.

Although I may just try to get the game creators pack so I can have the additional tools.

Rhaythe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 17:34:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 17:34:05