Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Rock Shock 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 18:05 Edited at: 8th Nov 2008 21:22
This WIP has been completed and is now in the Program Announcements so if you wish to comment, please comment here.

Before reading this thread you may already be considering, or may like to consider why I used 3D in the title. This is done because there was originally a Rock Shock, made by Soharix, but as it was not made in a TGC program, no one has heard of it. (If you'd like to play it before this version, it is available on the downloads page of Soharix)

I made this thread just to get the WIP started before I finished the project and put it in the Program Announcements. (I say this because the game was practically finished within the first day and I've just been adding to it since.)

Rock Shock 3D is a cooperative top down shooter with a very basic story line consisting of:
The blips made some rocks turn into demons. 2 rocks remained to fight through the demons and kill the blips.
Rock Shock 3D also features a completely unrealistic theme, where rocks are mobile and can project cannon balls (somehow).

The 2 players, Gold rock and Silver rock must, as already stated, fight their way through the hords of demon rocks and blips to reach the end.

Some ingame screenshots follow:

This pretty much wraps up what Soharix has been doing since the death of Vision.

Soharix will be moving onto a newer greater project once Rock Shock 3D is completed (which should be very soon now).

Rock Shock 3D was only made due to the fact that for many years people have always told me how fun the original Rock Shock was and I always wanted to make a 3D version.

A download for the current version (which only has 13 out of 14 levels and no menu or end cutscene) is available here:

Controls:
Gold rock (right hand screen):
Arrowkeys to move, right control to shoot.
Silver rock (left hand screen):
WASD to move, left control to shoot.

Press space to restart a level. (Usually used when both players are dead.)

Extra info:
Those funny looking green and grey boxes give you 50 ammo and the little black piles of cannon balls give you 10.
The green and blue spinning circles are teleporters and the purple and blue spinning circles are the ends to levels.
There are secret walls all over the levels, this is demonstrated in the very first room you start in.
Everything else in the game, will kill you if you touch it or let it shoot you.

Enjoy, and be prepared for the PA very soon.
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 00:20
Well, apparently no one cares about this WIP, which isn't suprising if you look at my previous WIPs which all never got finished.

But anyway, I've now made the 14th level and I'm putting the finishing touches onto the release version (v1.0) right now.

Expect to see it in PA within 24 hours. (Unless of course I die or find a fatal problem with the game.)
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 02:12
There it is, Rock Shock 3D version 1.0 is finished and will be announced on the Program Announcements board (in the hope of a slightly more enthused response)

Download Rock Shock 3D version 1.0 here:
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 12:58
looks ok will have to give it a go when its done

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 14:04 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2008 14:21
Quote: "looks ok will have to give it a go when its done"

It is done and it's in the Program Announcements board.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 17:23
Will check it out, c0wbox. Congratulations .

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:33:03