Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What's Your Most Annoying TV Advert?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 01:29
A post in another thread brought up the subject of adverts on TV and I was just about to ask this question, then thought better of hijacking the thread...

I know that the adverts over there in the US are different than those in the UK, but you must have your favourite pet hates.

At the moment, the one that makes me scream is the Lawyers4you advert where the guy from L4Y is being interrogated whilst connected to a lie detector machine.

Apart from the fact that I could slap that damn woman for interupting before he has time to answer the question she just asked him, at the end of the ad he walks away and says that the male questioner's tie is nice. The lie detector goes haywire and he isn't even connected to the bloody thing!

TDK
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 01:37
the stupid football advert (i forgot was it nike or for worldcup, or watever), where these footballers enter a building and fight ninjas with their soccerball! For god sake..

*hey.. that'll make a great game.. hmm..

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
"Claims Direct" - Ohh the pain...

Thank Lord the're Bankrupt

All your base are belong to us
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
does anyone watch the price is right?

i hate those stupid medicare commercials, where the old guy is like "now lemme tell you sumthin. i have diabetes" and he pronounces "diabetes" like "dy-uh-beat-us". and then the other old guy is like "now lemme ask you a question. are you on drugs like albuterol" or something and then he says really slow "medicare may cover the costs of your perscriptions. that's right, medicare may cover the costs of your perscriptions."

and i hate all local commercials. for example, one time my alarm went off and i had it set to radio and there was a guy yelling

"NATION WIDE WAREHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

it's so freaking annoying!!!!!!!! aaahhhhhhhhh!

well this is a good thread

SW Games - www.freewebs.com/swgames

Yeah, I know, I only have one game. Yeah, I know it sucks. But I made it! Me!
Grim_Reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 02:50
the most annoying commercial in USA?

GOTTA be the new Hardees comercials...i mean...how can anyone take a burger that seriously?!

lol

http://www.grcompositions.cjb.net
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
don't you mean glove? or is that arby's...

SW Games - www.freewebs.com/swgames

Yeah, I know, I only have one game. Yeah, I know it sucks. But I made it! Me!
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 03:15
The Fairy Liquid ones. You know, the ones where some old git rattles on in a really monotone way. Basically does, what sounds like, a really old poem, but replaces the words with some rubbish about Fairy. Fingers and toes, and everyone knows... oh f**k off!!!!!

Best one is the fosters one where the bungi bloke gets his head bit off my a croc. Nice.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:46:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:46:08