Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Some questions concerning fps creator x10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I planning to buy fps creator x10. However, since I've never used any tgc softwares before and there are not really anything on x10 functionnalities, what it can do, etc, I'd have some questions before (since it's about 90 canadian bucks with fees and currency transfer).

So, basically,
-I see that they sell some models pack (more for the x9 version actually, but anyway). Do the cd come with some models already? (I guess so, but we never know) Just for testing things before making my own.
-Also, how's the ai and the physic system? Can you modify gravity, maxspeed, etc? Is the ai good?
-Can you get into a 3d view in the "map editor"?
-Is it good, actually? Does TGC have a good customer support?
-Can you do something good with x9 version? since having a computer with vista and a dx10 graphic card is not avaible to everyone (I do have it, I'm thinking about friends, etc.)

Thanks
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
1-Yes, it comes with a lot and most of them are pretty good.
2-I haven't done any serious experimenting, but the physics and AI are pretty good. You can modify physics weight, friction, buoyancy, that sort of thing for individual entities.
3-Yes, for individual entities.
4-Is it actually good? Yes, most definitely. Way better than X9 in terms of power. Customer support? I haven't had to use cs yet so I don't know...but so far x10 support in general hasn't been too great IMO. Since it came out almost a year ago, there have only been like 2 updates. Though it says you can on the main site, there isn't yet support for custom soft particles or parallax mapping; they said they'd add it in a future update.
I would recommend buying it either way however because it's just way more powerful X9 out of the box.
5-You can do good stuff with X9, but in order for it to compete with x10 in terms of visuals, you'd have to download a 3rd party mod for it. Like I said, X10 is just way more powerful out of the box.

H.K.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2008 11:27
Its realy good just go for it. And one of the updates is going to let you add any model pack or 3rd party media into x10 and a possible merger where you can have x10 games work on both xp and vista minus some x10 thing on the x9 part.. And its just going to get better in time, look at x9 it started as a okay game engine and grew alot in the 3 to 4 year its been out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:29:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:29:27