Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with Bitmap Fonts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 23:59
Hi all,

New user, working my way through some tutorials and such. Posting this here because I'm a noob!

I was reading the tutorial on bitmap fonts by Craig Chipperfield in Issue 59 of the Newsletter. I took the functions provided, and added them to my project. I am testing with a couple of the fonts provided in the associated bitmap font pack.

Anyway, when I compile, all is okay. When I run, I receive the following error:

Quote: "Runtime Error 5105 - Memblock position outside range at line 313"

That line is part of the TrimBMFont function provided with the tutorial code. I included the function below, and noted the line corresponding to the error. I made no changes to the tutorial code -- just pasted it in!

As a noob, I don't yet know what a memblock is, or how to troubleshoot. I was wondering if anyone could provide some pointers... I did a forum search on the error message, but didn't find anything helpful.

Thanks!
Andy
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2008 00:12
I think you might have picked a font that has some odd characteristics. Try a different font, and see if it is any better.

aspurgeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2008 00:39
Yeah, it worked when I tried a different font. Thanks!

In fact, I've tried 4 fonts now -- 2 work and 2 don't. Strange... the fonts were produced by the same author that did the tutorial...
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 00:20
Hi,
I was the author of the tutorial and the creator of the fonts.
Could you let me know which fonts had the problem so that I can try to fix the problem?

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:33:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:33:22