Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Asteroid belt: want to test it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 20:51 Edited at: 9th Nov 2008 20:53
Asteroid belt is a simple game I made with darkGDK. It's my first game, so give me some credit. This game is just one of those "Hey, I can actually make a game with this thing" kind of games. So, the graphics aren't... very good.

Basically, you control a rocket ship in an asteroid field. Your goal is to get to the end of it without crashing (In real life, an asteroid belt would never end, technically...). Now, once you reach the end of it, you return to the start of it, but you go faster. There are five levels, before you finally 'win'.

Due to my lack of knoledge of distributing games, I'm going to include all of the files you need (code and all...) in a .zip file. You can test it, and if it works you can tell me. The project was called "sky maze", but, it looked more like an asteroid belt, so, after some color changes, asteroid belt was born.

And, for all of you people who can't do without pictures, I've included some pictures in the .zip file, so if gameplay looks different, you can tell.

Note:
In gameplay, you may all of a sudden explode, as if you have hit an invisible object. These are just very small, skinny, asteroids, invisible from just the right angle. Not meant to be programmed into the game, I realized that there really are seemingly invisible objects in space, traveling at very high speeds. This debris, traveling at a very high speed could kill you, if you could somehow survive in the vast vacuum of space. (That's one of the many functions of the space suit, to protect you from these things.)

Edit: Also, the files code.txt, fire.bmp, and rocket.x are the important files. Pic1.png and Pic2.png are just pictures of gameplay.

ow! that hurt!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
could u upload those pics to here so we all can see before we try?

Get DBP stuff here! - (plugins/models/scripts and more!)
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 05:04

I've always wanted to use that .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:27:04