Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Shadow casting with directional light - where are these extra shadows coming from?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 20:04 Edited at: 11th Nov 2008 20:05
This is a simple 3D program I'm using to learn how to use cameras, level creation, 3D collision, and lighting. I've been modifying a 3D platformer snippet, so I left the original author's info.

Use the arrow keys to move the block around, hold space to raise and lower it. Lower the block on top of the sphere to pick it up, and press enter to release it.

What's the deal with the additional shadows being cast? And I apologize for the colors, I'm colorblind.

Also, where are the help files for shadows? I couldn't find them.
Math89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 10:37
The old shadow system is buggued. If you have a recent version of DBPro (at least version 6, I think), just change the two lines with Set Shadow Shading with these ones :

-1 means that it will use the real shape of your object and not a specific mesh.
1000 is the shadow range
1 means that it will use a shader to process the shadows.

Deego
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! I couldn't find that command in the help files. It works fine now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:26:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:26:09