Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / camera problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HI Guys, I am sure I am missing something simple here,
I have a 3d section running with sync on and at certain points jump out to a loop that gets images from a server and pastes them to the screen. How do I stop the camera rendering every time a sync is called. The camers overwrites the images unless I constantly paste them in a loop. Deleteing the camera and remaking it seems to obliterate the 3d world on return to it...any help would be helpful.
Thanks
steve paul thomas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2008 17:13 Edited at: 15th Nov 2008 17:20
Try applying the image you've received from the server as a texture on a plain object. I don't have DB Pro, but I think this is how its done in DarkBASIC Classic (I would think this would still work):

bass player
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Steve,
I shall give it a try..my only reservation is pasting an image as a texture doesn't seem to give the pixel perfect resolution I need. But I may be wrong.. I shall give it a try and see how it look.
bass player
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, Steve,
Tried it, and it works great, so thanks for that idea.If I load the image with the flag set to 1 it is pixel perfect even when used as a texture, so looks really good. I went a touch further and made a very thin box instead, so that when I want to flip pages I can spin it round and when its at 90 degrees ( end on) I texture the other side with the new page and then continue on to 180, and the new page is diplayed. looks really cool.
steve paul thomas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2008 14:22
No problems Glad to have helped (or at least pointed you in the right direction).

Thats a cool idea of yours about the flipping. Good luck with your game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:32:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:32:57