Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / noob questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 17:07
hi all

I just been reading about the programs that you have to offer and also played Evochron Renegades which was made using you gaming programs which I've got to say is as good a graphics as some of the new games made by several people anyway on to the questions

is it possible to add coding to your programs which will allow me to improve them if ever need?

is there any cost of using these products to sell as your own games?

is it possible to use the game makers to create something like rome total war of course you'll need the time but is it possible and which one would you use?

ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 11:53
welcome to the forums barca

1st question:
if your talking about darkbasic pro then yes you have to code the games and you can add code to it later to improve it. but if your talking about 3d game maker of fps creator then you cant add code unless you get the source code for it.

2nd question:
once you have bought these products you are allowed to sell anything made with that product. except for dark gdk which you have to buy a separate license to sell your creations.

3rd question:
yes its perfectly possible but don't expect to be able to make them straight away. your going to need lots of practice and have knowledge of the software/language.

hope this helps you.

Barca Payne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 21:15
hi thanks for the extra info

I stupidly missed the warning about noobs not being able to get there post on the forums straight away so sorry for the double post

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:23:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:23:08