Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / noob questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 17:09
hi all

I just been reading about the programs that you have to offer and also played Evochron Renegades which was made using you gaming programs which I've got to say is as good a graphics as some of the new games made by several people anyway on to the questions

is it possible to add coding to your programs which will allow me to improve them if ever need?

is there any cost of using these products to sell as your own games?

is it possible to use the game makers to create something like rome total war of course you'll need the time but is it possible and which one would you use?

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 18:44
Buy DBPro. It should be capable of creating any game you could think of (it might not render millions of polygons several times a second though, but you really wouldn't need that either). If you make a game (or any other application) with it, you are free to do whatever you wish with it (sell it, give it away, or place three copies on the loo to brighten up your mornings).
If you find some feature missing from the core package, there are also lots of plugins around to give you whole new features. Or you could write your own C++ plugins and use from DBPro too, if you want.

Also, take note that DB Classic is not easier to learn than DB Professional, allthough the name might imply it; DBC is just the old, never-to-be-updated-again version, so I suggest you to spend the extra $30 on the professional version, which has a lot of more to it and is regularly updated (the updates are free, by the way).

-> Oh, come on...
Barca Payne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 20:46
that brilliant thanks I'll buy it and have a go with it

thanks

P.S sorry for double posting didn't see the notice the first time

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 22:33 Edited at: 12th Nov 2008 22:39
You might want to go for DarkGame Studio (It starts shipping on the 14th of this month), seeing that you will get some very useful packages for a better value. I now wish I would have taken advantage of bundles.

While you are waiting download the free trial of dbpro so you don't have to waste time, and get used to the language.

"When I look at that square... I wish FPSC noobs would stay on their side of the forums and stop polluting these boards." - Benjamin
Barca Payne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 20:42
not ordered yet didn't realize it got shipped at a certain time of the month

thanks for the heads up

I'm just wondering where to start with making a game would really love to do a earth in the future game but have it based on a player format like total war series. is there any part of the forum you can meet people to form groups for projects?

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Barca Payne,

Team requests are, unfortunately, against forum rules; however, you can approach people individually to request their assistance.

Good luck,

Tom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:25:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:25:57