Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Some noob questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1: How do i make my own 3D map
2: How would i upload this map to my FPS?
3: What does it mean when i try to execute something and it says "Could not close nest line."
4: How do I close a nest line?

"Some people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts."
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 11:45
1: There are many different ways to do that.
2: Your FPS? A DB game or FPSC?
3 & 4: That you have begun writing a "nested" statement and not properly finished it. The nested statements are things like loops and conditional statements.
Example:

That will not work, since you haven't defined the ending of the for loop. The correct syntax would be

-> Oh, come on...
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
cpd85,

1 -- You can use a number of programs to create 3D levels/maps to be imported in DarkBASIC Pro, some of the better software for doing so, off the top of my head, include FPSCreator (Good engine to use for laying out levels/compiling for use, tutorial on importing FPSC maps on the Dark Game Studio Video Tutorials) or 3D World Studio.

2 -- Again, see the video tutorials on the Dark Game Studio website, it tells you how to import FPSC maps, shouldn't be too difficult to do the same for other map formats.

3 -- I think Rudolhpo already answered it, but yeah -- nest lines are opened when you open a Loop or conditional statement. You probably just forgot to add the closing nest line for it, e.g "Loop".

Tom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:31:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:31:41