Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Thinking about buying it, two questions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 11:43
Yeah, i hope i aint too much of a question-face, but there was two things i was wondering:

1. Wich is the best? DarkBasic or DarkBasic pro. I want my money spent best way :> .(Best = More possebilities(spell it your way) easy to use at start.)

2. Is it possible to import 3D graphics from 3D studio max or Autodesk in any of them? If not, what program is best to use?

Sorry for the newbie questions, i just want to background check this stuff.

Thanks,
-Me
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 16:52
1 ... darkbasic pro, DB classic is an runtime interpreter, Pro is a compiler (waaay faster), and PRO has things like BSP, terrains, particle effects, shaders, memblocks, slide collision, 3d math commands and multiplayer that are not standard in classic (you can get an enhancement pack that adds memblocks and multiplayer to classic though)

2 ... 3ds will be supported when they put the loaders back after the DB native format is fully implimented, at the moment x is your best bet (I would have thought 3d studio max had x export, should be easy for you to check)

cheers.

Mentor.

RedNeckHippie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 18:27
Thanks man, it really helped.

Make yourself at home! Clean my kitchen.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 17:27:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 17:27:06