Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Modeling In DarkGAME Studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 20:48
Hey,

I'm planning on buying DarkGAME Studio and I was wondering if any model making software comes with it, as I'm new to dark basic and any gamecreators programs.

Thanks!

-Francis
SAAB Driver
Years of Service
User Offline
Not as far as i know. with Cartography Shop you can create maps and levels. And the Darkmatter is a package of diffrent models.

I am using AC 3D, witch is a greate easy to use tool. Earlier i was using Anim8or witch is a free tool to download from the anim8or website. Its ok bot AC 3D is even more powerful and easier to understand.

A personal tip is to by Darkgame studio and start with the learning of how to script using the models you got in the package, once you done that (loong time) you can start modeling. Doing so you dont have to spend a lot of money at the same time on something you probally wont use the first 20 weeks anyway.

Hello!
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 22:27 Edited at: 24th Nov 2008 22:37
Yes, and No.

Here is what comes with DarkGame Studio

DarkBASIC Professional
DarkBASIC Classic
DarkGDK
Dark Edit
DarkMATTER
DarkVOICES
DarkSHADER
Game Creator Store
FPS Creator FREE
Tree Magik
Plant Life
Cartography Shop
Demo Games
Physics Demos

-You will get premade models in DarkMatter
-You can model in cartofgraphy shop, but it's aimed at architectural modeling, and level design.
-You'll also be able to generate plants and trees with Tree Magik and Plant Life.
-You can generate models via code in DBpro and DBC, but for the most part you are going to need a 3D modeler.

There is a thread somewhere around here on free/cheap modeling and 2d art packages. [edit] Here it is!

Off the top of my head....

3D modeling:
-Blender = free
-Milkshape = cheap
-Wings3d = (I think there's a free version, either that or it's cheap)
-Anim8or = (Free version last time I checked)
-GameSpace = moderatley low price
-GameSpace lite = free

You'll also want to get a uvmapper
-Lithunwrap = free

For 2D Artwork & Textures:
-The Gimp = free
-Paint.net = free

"When I look at that square... I wish FPSC noobs would stay on their side of the forums and stop polluting these boards." - Benjamin
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 03:32 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 03:33
I'd download Blender and GIMP if I were you. Obviously you'll have to find tools that suit you, but there's no denying that Blender and GIMP are two of the most powerful graphic tools that you'll find for free. Blender has an unusually steep learning curve for some people, but once you get over that first hill it gets a lot easier.

Francis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 17:47
Ok thanks guys, I will buy Darkgame studio and maybe buy AC3D depending on how much money i get, since I also want to get darkphsycis and darkai.

Thanks!
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 15:13
Just a footnote to what zenassem; one of the very good sources of advice on this forum by the way; with some updated info.

Gamespace (and I assume Gamespace light) are no longer available. You are able to get the flagship product Truespace 7.6 for free though. I like Blender better myself, but that is because I don't like to learn from videos.
http://www.caligari.com/

Also Wings 3D is free and is worth checking out as well as Anim8or (also free). Also get your self a copy of CharacterFX while it is still available. it is also free.
http://www.insanesoftware.de/

There is no shortage of good free software to help make game graphics and models.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:31:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:31:28