Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / does anyone know how to place a limb?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Why thoes the working "posistion object" stop working(?) when glue the object (a xfile gun) to limb? Instead of being at the same place as before it turn out to be somewhere else and about impossible to get back to the positions it were before it was glue to limb.

Does anyone know a god way to posistion the limb?

As i told you the limb is a gun thats suposed to be in locked at the players hand, is there any other god ways to lock an object in to another object (exept the lock on/off funktion thats works to me as god as a bag of dirt) ??

Thanx

Hello!
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 22:48 Edited at: 24th Nov 2008 23:17
Quote: "Does anyone know a god way to posistion the limb?"

Read the AUP no religious debates!!! j/k

Did you try add Limb & offset limb?
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=81859&b=1

from Kayl669 in the thread...

====
ADD LIMB

This command will create a new limb from a specified mesh and add it to an existing 3D object. Limbs can only be added sequentially, so you must ensure you specify a new limb number that immediately follows an existing limb. The parameters should be specified using integer values. When a limb is added to a 3D object, it will not have a place in the object hierarchy. You can position the limb in the object hierarchy using the LINK LIMB command. Do not confuse LINK LIMB with OFFSET LIMB which sets the actual 3D position of the limb within the object.

Syntax
ADD LIMB Object Number, Limb Number, Mesh Number

OFFSET LIMB

This command will change the relative position of the specified limb within the 3D object. The position of the limb is always offset from the main coordinates of the 3D object and from any parent limbs. Specifying a limb number of zero provides access to the objects own root data, and should not normally be used in this way. The object and limb parameters should be specified using integer values. The offset parameters should be specified using real numbers.

Syntax
OFFSET LIMB Object Number, Limb Number, X, Y, Z
OFFSET LIMB Object Number, Limb Number, X, Y, Z, Bounds Flag

====

Also... may be of interest

This thread may hold some answers for you.

Read into the thread, it starts off asking something different but the posts cover a variety of info.

for eg.
Quote: "Any limb past the root limb in an object is positioned relative to its parent (prior) limb. So, if limb 0 (root limb) is at position 4,4,4 and limb 1 is at 5,5,5... then limb 1's "world space coordinates" would actually be 9,9,9.
"

"When I look at that square... I wish FPSC noobs would stay on their side of the forums and stop polluting these boards." - Benjamin
SAAB Driver
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you a lot!

Sense i read that i not suppose to use "glue object to limb" in this type of script i had to redo a lot.

sense my script is large i decided to writ a new one, as easy as possible.

The red cube is the player (move it left/right with arrowkeys) and the green one is a whatever you like it to be object, in this case it is a weapon that i to lock on the player object.

As you can se theres a error message that mesh dont exist, fixin it make new error message that i must link limbs in chain sequence at line 26.
Hope we can solwe this problem so everyone could use this script in there games.

Hello!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:30:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:30:39