Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / what game can i make

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
welll first im new but have done some simple stuff like some basic stuff but i d=found the tutorial monster hunt but i was gonna go and do it step by step but if i done it i cant say i made it cos i used a tutorial and then if i do not learn anything from it. it would be a waste of time if you know what i mean.

so is there any simpler tutorials i mean cos
like a simple short script that makes like a simple game

jordon
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2008 11:47
I don't know what you mean by 'waste of time' in this way - it's the best way I know of to learn when you haven't got someone teaching you by your side.

If you don't like that particular tutorial, pick another.

May0naise
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2008 03:27
Let me say, I know exactly what you mean. Let me try to explain a lil. He means that he isn't actually making the game, it's already pre-made, and you can only look at the descriptions, not do anything yourself. 'This is how i feel,and what I think he means'.
What I did:
Well I am a beginner, but I have gotten use to many basic commands. If your like me, I looked at a 27-page tutorial, and it helped me insanely.
I found the tut. at the top of the newb DBpro board. I'll post a link in later, because I'm on a Wii atm =/

Be patient....everything takes time.
May0naise
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2008 03:31
sorry for double post, but 2 tuts. that I think would help, in the DBpro section are "TDK's", and Hamish's[Toward the bottom]

Be patient....everything takes time.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 12:59
The question is what type of game would you like to make?

I started by making a simple 3d scene, then an object to move round the scene. This led to me needing to work out collisions. After that came adding enemies, then a way to kill them.

All I can say is take small steps, and don't be afraid to ask us for help when u get stuck.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:31:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:31:08