Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] Running X10 on non DX10 Card!!! WORKS!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,
Please tell me if I am being stupid but I think I have found a way to run X10 on not DX10 cards. I was fiddling around with drivers on my rubbish non DX10 card (mobile intel 965 express chipset family ) just to see...

And found a driver that allows me to play X10.

It does run quite slowly and suffers some graphic anomalies. Also the resource monitor reads low on everything but poly count which is stupidly high. You can see both of these things in attached screenshot.

Please note: This test was done using "simple Room" example game.

Thanks for considering,
Sam

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 13:18 Edited at: 30th Nov 2008 13:19
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It doesn't mods lock this please this guy obviously doesnt know what hes doing viruses are now all over your pc please lock this and remove that link the site has thousands of viruses on it.

How many idiots are going to post about this it does not work.

That screen is all wrong i would just like to say it is messed up

Serious Sam P
Years of Service
User Offline
That is NOT true!

I have just tested this and navigated from the intel homepage and downloaded this again! It comes from exactly same location! That download is LEGIT!!!

As for the screenshot not looking perfect I clearly said...
Quote: "
...It does run quite slowly and suffers some graphic anomalies.
"

Mods please check this out yourself with any download off the intel site.

Sam
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow.
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 17:08 Edited at: 30th Nov 2008 17:09
Quote: "Microsoft DirectX* is a set of APIs (Application Programming Interface) for games and multimedia applications. Some DirectX components require support from the graphics driver in order to function properly and provide the best gaming performance.

Intel® graphics controllers are compatible with Microsoft DirectX* 9.0. Previous versions of DirectX (7.0a, 8.0, 8.1) are also supported.

DirectX* 10 is supported only with the desktop Intel® G35, G41, G43, & G45 Express Chipsets and Mobile Intel® GL40, GM45, GM965, and GS45 Express Chipsets when using PV15.9 or later version of the Intel® graphics drivers for Microsoft Windows Vista*."

- Source: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-011807.htm

Please research fully before saying it works on non DirectX 10 cards. Your chipset has the DirectX Capability.

Serious Sam P
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Tutelage Systems,
That is also what I thought but when I downloaded the driver it still suffered from graphic anomalies. So I contacted intel and they told me my card was not DX10 compatible. I am beginning to feel I may have been given phony info here. Sorry for wasting your time if that is the case.

I will probably start a new thread but I will ask here first...
Does anyone know what could be wrong with my card to cause these anomalies?

Thanks for your help,
Sam
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
FredP has the same problems. Here is his thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=139651&b=33

From looking at that thread Patrick Tew said

Quote: "I have the same issue.
Apparently it is a problem with 'Mip Mapping'.
I have an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB memory card - that apparently doesn't support Mip Mapping!
This problem happens with custom textures that I have made via Entity Maker and the 'FPSC X10 - Texture Tutorial (Seamless Diffuse, Normal and Specular)' tutorial.
I have posted a request for help but found little. (Thanks Nomad and Satchmo for the help you did give me)
I feel your pain.
Please help.
All is appreciated.
Thanks"

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It doesn't mods lock this please this guy obviously doesnt know what hes doing viruses are now all over your pc please lock this and remove that link the site has thousands of viruses on it."

Viruses from a perfectly legal Intel server? And you said that Sam didn't know what he was on about...
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 18:05
Lol sorry didnt look at where the link was i dont click random links that dont have the URL in them i learnt my lesson about things like that before.

Serious Sam P
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Lol sorry didnt look at where the link was i dont click random links that dont have the URL in them i learnt my lesson about things like that before.
"

So what your saying is that because you could not be bothered to check the link you just decided to have a go at me for posting the link. In future I recommend that you simply ignore it rather than attack it simply because you were not sure of its validity. If you are unsure of any links in future I recommend NOT lying about them containing viruses.

I would also like to say that although I am reasonably new to FPSC I am an experienced PC user. I maybe only a self taught teenager but I am perfectly capable. Please refrain from calling others idiots.

Sorry if I'm rambling but I will stop now.

Sam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:36:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:36:58