Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Infinite terrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm am doing a fps and 1st level he drops out of a plane how do i make the terrain look infinate. i have a terrain using l3dt the level is only so big. the player will not be able to go beyond boundries but when droping you can see where the terrain ends and the bottom og the skybox please help
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 23:09 Edited at: 30th Nov 2008 23:12
Make two versions of your terrain: one version which is split into several limbs which can be hidden and shown according to the player's position, and one version which is a low-poly version of the whole terrain. This way you can have a very large terrain. When your player drops out of the plane, show the low-poly version. Once he's very close to the ground hide the low-poly version and start showing the regular terrain.

OnQue Int
Years of Service
User Offline
how would i split with limbs is there a command of this? alittle confusing
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 17:23
Well I'm assuming you'll be making your terrain in a modeling package, right? If so then you can split your terrain into different parts in your modeling package, then when you import it into DBP it'll be split into different limbs. If you use Blender then I can probably give you more specific help.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 17:23 Edited at: 1st Dec 2008 17:25
The bit you are interested in from the previous post is the low-poly terrain bit. When you are looking down, you need a much larger terrain, that you will never venture into. Because you only see it from a distance, it can be much less detailed. Once the panorama is out of sight, you can remove this low poly model and revert back to your main terrain.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:34:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:34:36