Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do you place objects in DarkBasic Pro ? (like using a coordinate system...?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 16:37
Like, i still dont understand weither DarkBasic (DarkBasicPro) is a game engine or rather a compiler, like just a gaming language. BUT i call it more a game engine as you can make games fast.
What i want to know is if you load objects and a map, how do you place them.
I cant find how would i place my 10 entities in a space,, and then load a map,,, you like use a coordinate system.\
Or i shoud rather make or try to make a Software that will interact with DBPro such as a Level Editor, where i will get the code automaticly when i place the object....?

I tried to load a map too, and i saw that it couldnt load the map, and i cant convert them to bps, so i rather use .x maps or .wmp (for a7 game studio), i made a zip file with the map and textures too.
Xsnip3rX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 17:31

DsarchyUK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 12:36
Darkbasic Pro is essentially a language dedicated to game development rather than a 'game making tool'. Don't think of it as something like Game Studio without a GUI. If anything you would use Darkbasic to make the level editors for your game, as well as the game itself.

I take it you have had some experience with A7 so I'll use that as an example. Game studio is based around the A7 engine. So you make levels, load entity's, make scripts etc and its all based on these rules that A7 dictates. Darkbasic doesn't have an engine. Its like the CScript part of Game Studio. You have to make the engine yourself.

Advantage is of course that you have more control of how you do things. The disadvantage is that you have more control and lol have to do more.

Personally I'm not even attempting 3D yet I'm having more than enough troubles using X and Y let alone adding a Z

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:23:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:23:26