Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 2D Game Maker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 17:00 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2008 14:32
Hey Guys!

So this started off in the DBC Challenge thread. I won it. Anyway, this is a 2D game maker, where you can draw your levels just like in paint, and then play on them.

If anyone could convert this to DBP, I would most appreciate that.

Progress

Done
Working on
Need to do

Player movement
Goal
Interface
Basic Drawing Tools
Collision
box tool
Connect line tool
Export to an Exe
Save and Load projects
Different levels

Screen Shots

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H4cDu70G-4

Downloads

This is open source, so have fun!

2D Game Maker 9.42KB Zip Download

Tell me what you think

TheComet

Peachy, and the Chaos of the Gems

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 17:36
@ TheComet
No offence man, some of the stuff you do is really good, I like it, but why don't you just stick to one WIP and finish it instead of making loads of WIPs?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 17:49 Edited at: 1st Dec 2008 17:51
No offence taken at all. Doesn`t matter what kind of message anyone posts about there opinion, I won`t take any offence as long as it`s nothing personal.

Quote: "No offence man, some of the stuff you do is really good, I like it, but why don't you just stick to one WIP and finish it instead of making loads of WIPs?"

Well, I have been working on my main WIP(Peachy), but I am a guy that likes to experiment. (luckily I don`t post them all). I swap around projects, thinking of new stuff, letting my mind free to come up with all kinds of stuff.

And if it`s good, I make a WIP.

But the other reason is, that I have been banned for a month, and My Wips came all at once...

But before anyone thinks I have given up with my game "Peachy - And the Chaos of the Gems", I am working on it crazily.

Anyway, I love anyones comments, so please COMMENT!!

TheComet

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 14:34
I added a video... look at the above post.

I guess no one is answering... Is that because it`s rubbish? (Actually, I think that myself)

Anyway, I will let this sink to the bottom of the wip board, I am finished

TheComet

White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 16:44
Well my problem is i only have DBPro and can't run it for somereason please include and exe

I'm a noob help will be accepted
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 19:18 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2008 20:04
I put the code straight into DBP.

It worked as long as you change all the images to be .bmps then fix the random error in the code.

Although it can't actually play a game you make because:
save bitmap "level.bmp",1
The command is now obselete.

It also shifts the level when you draw it (this may be due to my res (1440x900) but I don't know)

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 00:42 Edited at: 5th Dec 2008 02:50
looks kinda interesting i'll check it out

whats peachy?????

Nvm found peachy

Commet:

if you have so many level editors why dont you post any??????
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 02:55
tgc is screwing up won't let me edit post :/

but anyways found peachy.

Commet

if you have so many level editors why don't you post em(idk if you said that in this post but i was looking for ur newest so i cud catch you haha)
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 15:46
Those 2d player physics are awesome, it could be smart to use the same method for image collision files, so you would have the collision image and a visual image. That way you can make a nice player physics engine.

http://bergice.blogspot.com/ << Please enter my blog and click ads
Demos,Examples,Tutorials,Portfolio
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 19:30 Edited at: 5th Dec 2008 19:31
Quote: "if you have so many level editors why dont you post any?????? "

Well, mostly because they all suck... But they help me a little... If you want, I can upload a few to my website and let you know.

Quote: "Those 2d player physics are awesome, it could be smart to use the same method for image collision files, so you would have the collision image and a visual image. That way you can make a nice player physics engine."

I think you asked me on Youtube as "Bergice1" how the collision works (If that`s you)

The theory behind my collision is, that I have a dimension (pixel(640,480)) that defines every pixel on the screen. That`s where I import the image and check, which pixel is white. I it`s white, the dimension pixel(x,y) will be one, else zero. And when the player moves, I check if the player is on any of those dimensions, and if yes, I position it above the dimension.

So, to check every pixel on the screen, you could use Point(), but that would take about 3 hours. So the quickest solution I could think of, was to save the screen to a bitmap, and import the rgb values from there.

To your quote, yes, I could, but the collision works differently and would take a long time to set up. But if you want to do that, the code for it is in the top post.

TheComet

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 19:41
Quote: "So, to check every pixel on the screen, you could use Point(), but that would take about 3 hours. So the quickest solution I could think of, was to save the screen to a bitmap, and import the rgb values from there."

Thats smart, and ofc i am bergice1

http://bergice.blogspot.com/ << Please enter my blog and click ads
Demos,Examples,Tutorials,Portfolio
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 02:54 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 03:05
ya if you cud upload sum just so i cud check em out (i know totally off topic haha)

hey i wanted 2 ask u some questions about ur animation and stuff so i'm starting another thread if you cud find it haha i didnt want to put it on ur 2d game maker 1 as it has nuthing 2 do with it haha
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 10:22
I think it looks great!

--

Quote: "ya if you cud upload sum just so i cud check em out (i know totally off topic haha)

hey i wanted 2 ask u some questions about ur animation and stuff so i'm starting another thread if you cud find it haha i didnt want to put it on ur 2d game maker 1 as it has nuthing 2 do with it haha"

Umm what?

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 11:11 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 11:13
Quote: "Quote: "ya if you cud upload sum just so i cud check em out (i know totally off topic haha)

hey i wanted 2 ask u some questions about ur animation and stuff so i'm starting another thread if you cud find it haha i didnt want to put it on ur 2d game maker 1 as it has nuthing 2 do with it haha"

[quote]Umm what?"
[/quote]

Quote: "if you have so many level editors why dont you post any?????? "
What the heck?

Quote: "I think it looks great! "

Thanks!

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:31:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:31:52