Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Spot/Directional/Point Light not illuminating AdvancedTerrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Effect Wanted: 'Pool' of light on the ground underneath a flare, on an otherwise dark night.

Despite playing with all the light and object parameters that seem relevant, my terrain remains stubbornly unlit. Only ambient light has an effect, but across the entire terrain

Sample code below. Is there a particular sequence of commands or other factor I am missing?

**only need one of the light effects to work, not all three simultaneously !!

Design by Trial and eror...and errror...and errorr
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 22:19
DirectX lights (the ones implemented by the DBP light commands) don't work on Advanvced terrain, or any other lightmapping method as far as I know. You would probably need a shader to achieve this, I think there may be one in the Ultimate Shader thread . Otherwise, you need somebody like Green Gandalf to look this way.

GeeBee
Years of Service
User Offline
If anyone else was following this thread, Green Gandalf came up trumps with an Advanced Terrain Shader that provided the required effect that I wanted at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=8&t=135070&p=1

Although it meant learning how to manipulate the various shader parameters using DBPro commands, it was a whole lot easier than writing the shader in the first place !!

Design by Trial and eror...and errror...and errorr

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:29:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:29:25