Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Background 'leaks' into my .x map

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a simple room in 3DWS and then imported it in DBPro, but the blue backdrop leaks into the map. When Im far away from a wall, almost the whole wall is blue, but when I get closer to that wall the blue backdrop gets smaller until it disappears in the corners of the room. Anyone know what could cause this ?
(I put the files in attachment.)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 01:00 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 01:01
Sounds like the camera is clipping the wall because it's too far away. You can either scale everything down, try experimenting with SET CAMERA CLIP, and/or use COLOR BACKDROP to make the background a color less noticeable than the blue.

SET CAMERA CLIP will be the best solution, and you should use COLOR BACKDROP as well just in case.

Bauhaus
Years of Service
User Offline
There isnt a 'set camera clip' command available, but I tried 'set camera range' and that works. Unfortunately the blue backdrop is still visible on an object that uses tranceparency... I changed the flag value for 'set object transparency' from 2 to 4 and the backdrop is gone now but the texture looks ugly and is only visible at close range.
Any suggestions how to solve this ?
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
I think what bmaczero meant to suggest was SET CAMERA RANGE.

- Jane
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 15:41
Yeah, that's the one. Gotta remember to type these things in to the editor before I post them.

For the transparent sections, you should probably just make a skysphere - an inside-out sphere with a sky texture on it - and place it around the whole model. Either that or use COLOR BACKDROP to change the blue to something that would fit better.

Bauhaus
Years of Service
User Offline
But using color backdrop or a skybox, I would lose the transparency...so basically it isnt possible to use a texture with transparency on an object ??
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 22:37
Your attachment is almost useless - there's a bit of code in there that may be runnable with the addition of a DBA file from sparkys, there's no model, no screenshots, nothing.

Perhaps you might produce a runnable piece of code + media, a good explanation of what is wrong and what you want to see, then we can get right on it.

Bauhaus
Years of Service
User Offline
Woops, forgot to include the .X file.
Uploaded it again, this time I also included a screenshot.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There isnt a 'set camera clip' command available, but I tried 'set camera range' and that works."

Actually, there is a SET CAMERA CLIP command. It's used to set a camera clipping plane which is usually used to integrate the images from multiple cameras.

SET CAMERA CLIP CameraNumber, On/Off, PositionX, PositionY, PositionZ, NormalX, NormalY, NormalZ

- Jane
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 00:26
Try setting your object transparency type to either 4 or 6 - they each seem to do the job.

You'll also need to play around with the texture on the grid-walkways. The 'blue' you'll see there is being caused by the fading between no-alpha and full-alpha. I tried disabling mipmapping of textures on the object to remove this, but it looks worse that way. Unfortunately, there's no limb-specific command for that - something I'll need to look into for my plug-ins.

Bauhaus
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Actually, there is a SET CAMERA CLIP command. It's used to set a camera clipping plane which is usually used to integrate the images from multiple cameras."

Well, my DBPro doesnt recognize it...perhaps its only available in newer versions.

Quote: "Try setting your object transparency type to either 4 or 6 - they each seem to do the job."

Allready tried that, but texture looks ugly and is only visible at close range.
Anyway, will try to figure out a way to solve it.

Thanks for the replies, folks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:27:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:27:11