Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / System Error: D3d Devices do not support backbuffer bit-depth and HW Acceleration

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, names Colin, I've taken programming in C++ in highschool, and was okay at it, I've always had an interest in writing games, I picked up this copy of darkBASIC a few years ago, I believe it is version 1.12 since that is what the user manual that came it is revised for. Now when I first tried to use this programs I believe I had an older computer, since then I have boughten a new computer added some RAM and updated the hard drive and I found this program and manual in the process. So I started through the manual and installing the program on my computer. The CD brought up a menu that installed DirectX8.1, darkBASIC, and a darkMATTER demo. I attempted to install the DirectX first but I was immediatly hit "Microsoft DirectX8.1 Setup| This install package is designed to run on Windows 98 or Windows ME. Please install package designed to run on Windows 2000. Press Ok to Exit."
So I went online and downloaded DirectX9 and installed darkBASIC. The installation went fine, but as I went through the tutuorial there came a point when I was asked to click on the "Comand Line Interface" button. Now the error that comes up here is the same as the one that comes up when I try to execute the demo games that came on the darkBASIC cd that I purchased, "Error in Program| System Error: Surfaces could not be created. D3D Devices do not support backbuffer bit-depth and HW Acceleration.". So I went on to install darkMATTER to see if it would help. The installation went fine, but nothing changed in darkBASIC, and when I try to run darkMATTER the same error comes up only where is says "Surfaces could not be created." it just says "Error 165.".
If anyone could offer any help I would be extremely grateful, I really just want to get started on this program, and theres all the little errors that won't even let begin.
Thank you for your time,
Colin
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 14:13

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 22:33:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 22:33:40