Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / create your own sprite inside the program or use ready made .x file or .3ds file???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im working on my flight simulator that needs collision to grade the user... i jz want to know which among the 2 possibilities is the easiest to control with the sparky's collision.. bcoz im planning to use .x files but dont know if using .x files can be use in sparkys collision...
Carlos
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course you can use .x models.
Sparky's collision is used for 3d models(all formats supported by DarkGDK) for collision detection.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 04:50
Yeah and sparky's is pretty darn good. I think he's even adding ability to "save" model "meta data" so your game can "figure out levels and models" once, save the info, and next play not have to wait for that.
(Matters on mig levels and stuff)

--Jason

chanchan
Years of Service
User Offline
hey, where can I learn 3d game modelling?

Coz' I think it's not appropriate asking modelling problems here (the forum), is it?

Always learning
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2008 07:24
Learning 3D Modelling? check out the other forum topics here, maybe look into the whole Blender software package and the forums and tutorials in there? Same for other 3d Model software packages. Shoot... Microsoft bought the Caligari modeller "TrueSpace" and gives it away free in exchange for registering your name etc. also scope out Leadwerks 3D world Studio - not free - but really cool and I'm no great modeller and I enjoy that program.

Google is your friend
--Jason

fhrozbite
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx for d rply guys... i've got to study sparkys now... i only hav a month for my initial presentation in school so ive got to hurry...thanks again to ur replies... ill again sometime for some problems but for now i jz want thank u again guys...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 03:21:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 03:21:27