Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / I need help with a strange error!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2008 23:26
Hi Guys...

I haven't been in the forum for a while. This was mainly because I didn't use FPS Creator X10 in a period, but now I am back.

Anyway,

I just reinstalled my FPS Creator X10 and updated to the last version.

Everything is normal, until I try to test my map (using "Test Game"). Suddently, I get an error saying like this:

"The application has encountered a problem and needs to close.
If this problem persists, please upload your FPM level to the FPSC Bugs Forum, along with a description of the steps required to reproduce the problem and a JPG screenshot of screen displaying the problem."

The error occurs when "Saving Textures" is at 99%. in the bar.

I have done a lot of research in the forums, but without finding any soloutions to the problem.

Also, note that the problem does NOT occur on all maps. But only on some bigger maps.

PLEASE HELP ME TO GET RID OF THIS STUPID ERROR!

Thank you in advance,

Gazoo
gazoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2008 13:47
Anyone???

I really need to fix this
Yoda the Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2008 10:16
I have an answer to your problem. Just click the "File" tab, then click "Preferences". Now, just make sure that the lighting shadows options are "Best for performance", not "Best for quality". Save your settings and try re-test the game. If it didn't work, try not to use any light mapping. For your inform, that's a program bug. Hope that helps.
Quote: "This is done only in bigger maps, because the program bug only persists with these steps (light shadows set best for quality, bigger maps rendered e.t.c). All that makes a mess and the program finally crashes."

(Sorry for the use of not...well...best English. I'm Greek.)

Use the Force wisely my apprentice...the Force of game-making.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:22:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:22:11