Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dull Objects

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 14:29
All my objects are made through the "Make Object" command and while the colour I've selected is actually quite bright, the objects come out realyl dull. I figured this had something to do with ambient so I tried messing around with that but they still come out dull but with a lighter tone. My other thought was that if I turned off their light and ambient flags then they should come out with full colour but instead they're completely white.

Anyone know how to give objects a bright look (not glowing)? Basically I want it so if I enter RGB(255,0,0) as the colour, then if I take a screenshot and check the colour values it should be RGB(255,0,0). Thanks.
"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 18:39
do you mean something like this?

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2003 10:39
Sort of but no, I still want the shading but the overall object to be brighter like that colour.

I.e. Here would be the dull object:

Fortunately all I had to do was remove the ambient from your code to get what I wanted:

So it helped a lot, thanks.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2003 15:55

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 17:28:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 17:28:06