Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark shader's bloom's to bloomy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 16:29
hi everyone!
I am sorry for my bad english (I'm a french guy) and I hope you will understand my actual problem :

I am now trying to develop a video game using dark GDK and VS2008 Express. At this stage, I want to add a bloom effect by using the advanced shaders tutorial given with darkGDK. The problem is, the image I get out of camera 1 (with the bloom effect on it) gets brighter and brighter untill it becomes completely white. The differences between the tutorial and my game development is that camera 0 is out of the scene and that the quand.fx is still not applied to the plane which faces only camera 0. So I see a blue screen (backdrop of camera 0) and a plane with this image which is becoming white on it. Camera 1 is weel placed.

Do you have an idea?

thank you in advance, and once more sorry if my english is bad, I hope you'll understand

@xi@g@me

Oh! and merry chistmas and a happy new year for all of you
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2008 07:16
Your bloom shader is too bloomy?
axiagame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2008 12:43 Edited at: 30th Dec 2008 12:45
yeah I mean that when I launch the game, I see a plane with the image of the camera 1 on it and the Bloom effect, and this plane goes brighter and brighter untill it becomes completely white

EDIT :
oh I understand now, yes I made a mistake in the title the real word is effectively "too"
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 01:15
How are you going to pick on the language semantics when he said right off he was french and having issues? Zuka that's like kicking them when they're down.

This might be quirky - as I'm no shader programmer, but I'm curious if turning the effect off and back on resets the brightness of the bloom. I'm also wondering if in the shader source code the programmer has some variables with comments that suggest "tweaking" or changing values to suit you is the intended way the shader works.

Again I'm no shader coder but often I've had a lot of fun just tweaking variables in the shader - and more often constants that are defined in them.

--Jason

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 02:33
It sounds like you have a variable that controls the bloom amounts somewhere thats not getting reset, or it keeps on counting and that might be whats causing the problem.
axiagame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 15:57
don't worry jason, this is a mistake I shouldn't have made...

do you mean I have to use the command dbSetEffectConstantFloat at each loop?

before running the main loop I already set BloomPower and the-other-one (don't remember the name) to 0.0 (and the min value to 0.0 in the slider properties for Dark Shader). But I still have the same kind of effect (just more slowly (or slowlier?))
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 16:04
This is the KIND of thing we are suggesting or hinting at. It SEEMS like you described a VERY common type of bug that I create (LOL) all the time - forgeting to clear something to ZERO or something along those lines.

Experiment - that's the first thing to do. Second - try to chat with the author - but trust me - support requests won't be looked at until Jan 12th-13th or thereabouts if they are beyond "level 1" support. This is likely a higher level issue than level 1 at TGC.

Third - Jump in the "Learning To Write Shaders" thread and report in there - as there are many people getting email alerts that have interest or experience coding chaders that might not be perusing new topics like yours in the forum.

forth... Give up... stop coding... never try again... (I do step four all the time but it only lasts about an hour of me pulling my hair out then I'm back at it)

--Jason

Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2009 06:23
I wasn't picking on him, I was trying to confirm it. >.>
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2009 17:08
LOL - Ok - My Mistake - I'm sorry. Won't be the first time I make one

Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2009 03:26
It's my fault. I forgot to respond when he answered, so I guess it looked like I was making fun of him.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 03:23:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 03:23:59