Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Sprites and bitmaps continued.....lol

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone for answering my question....the point I was trying ineptly to make basically (no pun intended)is this....i have several screens which are working perfectly....speed is not important as there is very little animation except in some of the sprites i intend using.

I have designed the sprites in separate bitmaps intentionally because there is no way I can grab them on the main display screens. BUT... grabbing them within the program so they can be used in subsequent "display" screens...results in the bitmap containing the sprites being visible whilst the program is grabbing the sprites I want to use on later "display" screens. That's the problem...ouch !!
zzabb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2003 05:08
well i'm not sure what you are asking for
but here is a simple way to hide and display sprites

My advice is free -
unfortunately you get what you pay for (-:
YahBooSux
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks zzab...what i am after is a method...if one exists of hiding a bitmap....sprites etc....no probs....but to define a sprite..it appears a bitmap has to be loaded so the sprite can be grabbed....I might be wrong....if so...then please explain

zzabb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2003 06:09
correct, but i guess i don't see why you'd have to hide a bitmap when you don't see a bitmap? how can you hide something that you can't see? the only bitmap you see is bitmap 0 . bitmaps are the canvas and not the diplay (other than bitmap 0) you only see the image taken from a bitmap, so if you want to hide an image until you want to see it, load it at the begining and then just plug in the conditions that you want to see the image to the code i wrote earier. if you don't want to load the image at the begining, then load it later, but it will cause a delay. if you are seeking sprite priority so that one sprite will be dispalyed over another sprite, there is another post on the board that talks about priority of sprites.
you can delete the spires or images if you will no longer need them or create new sprites any time you want on images already loaded
other than that someone else will have to help ya, unless you post some code or give a more exact discription of what info you are seeking
hope it helps

My advice is free -
unfortunately you get what you pay for (-:
YahBooSux
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm not with you....you say you can't display a bitmap....I load a picture file with a .bmp file extension and voila....its displayed on screen...this happens with everyone I load by a strange coincidence...i therefore have to assume that once a "picture file" is loaded...it cannot be hidden...it can be replaced....but not erased from view and still be worked on....like other basics I have used. If I am mistaken..I will be the first to acknowledge it....
Thanks for your help anyway

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
You can save all of the sprite images as little squares and use Load Image, then you don't need a bitmap screen.
YahBooSux
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks pincho......will try it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:09:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:09:48