Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Refund of Realm Crafter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 03:37 Edited at: 1st Jan 2009 03:37
hi i requested a refund for that program i did get a answer but the answer was confuseing all i got was this;

Our Reply: No reply required. Enquiry closed.

so am i getting one? the response i got wasn't helpful.

btw i wasn't sure where i was suppose to ask this sorry.
May0naise
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 05:12
Now I really don't know, I'm just going to guess, but I don't think they can give you a refund because it was digital, and you could've made copies..

But I don't know if im correct.

Be patient....everything takes time.
MatriX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 05:49
Why did you need a refund if you don't mind my asking..

Wannabe Game Designer. Wannabe Programmer. Expert Dreamer.
Long Island Amateur Game Development Group http://www.meetup.com/LIAGDG/
JamesJB34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 12:14 Edited at: 1st Jan 2009 12:21
I read some more about the program while i was waiting for the program to be available for downloading,i didnt like what i was reading,there seems to be alot of bugs,the graphics look bad,should of went to pro lol but i dont like useing beta stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: "Now I really don't know, I'm just going to guess, but I don't think they can give you a refund because it was digital, and you could've made copies..

But I don't know if im correct."

First off,i am not a pirate!! i don't believe in that garbage.

and Second when i asked for the refund the download wasn't approved yet. So highly unlikely i could even try to do such a thing even if i wanted. Sorry didnt mean to be mean but i don't like being accused of something id never do

If i don't get the refund i asked nicely for ill have my bank do a charge back if needed.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 12:32
I believe the approval system gives you download access once your payment is accepted. So if you never got access, you never got charged.

Check your order history, if you still don't have access you may have never been charged.

Quote: "If i don't get the refund i asked nicely for ill have my bank do a charge back if needed."

Experience tells me that TGC always do the honourable thing. If their records show you never tried to download, you'll be OK. Just bear in mind that it's christmas, so communication may be on a delay.

JamesJB34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 14:07 Edited at: 1st Jan 2009 14:10
Hi when i paid for it i didnt get instant download access,it said Pending Download Approval. And it still says that btw when i looked at my Order History today.

I looked at my account today and the amount of 99.99 is on Hold,its already been taken out cause the balance of my account went down.

Well i do hope they give the refund,and sorry i do realize its the holidays. I need to learn some patience lol.

when i got the response on the ticket it said answered but there was no answer they didnt say anything.

Sorry i wasnt trying to be rude. And thank you for the help.
DEastham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 03:43 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2009 03:50
Edited: Oops, that expired on December 1st. (Buy Standard, get Pro free on Realm Crafter)
JamesJB34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 04:33
Yea i saw that,lol i was going to say that they don't offer that deal no longer. Plus i hear its still in beta and like i said i don't like using beta stuff.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 21:55
I agree with BatVink because every deal I made with TGC or what have you they always have been really cool... period.

You're in good hands man... That's why regardless of what engine I'm using at the time or what have you this is a regular stay of mine - because there are always new cool things here - the community is great and the software is neat and when I buy it - (less that pending approval pause LOL which is honorable too if you knew why) I know and rely on that order profile thingy they have now so you can always go back and grab your stuff whenever you want.

FanBoyish.. perhaps... happy customer is more appropriate here though.

--Jason

JamesJB34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 23:10
I understand hmm just wondering.Will the Pro ever not be beta? It seems its been like that a few years now. Realm Crafter i mean.

If it was possible to make a mmo like EvE Online with realm Crafter i would of kept it. Think that will ever happen?

Just wish the better engines didnt cost 500 to 3000 bucks
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 23:16
LOL - they don't ... the better game engines run 150,000$ or better.

--Jason

JamesJB34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 05:32 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2009 05:49
LOL - They do;

Commercial version is $5000

Indie Version is $465.00

Enterprise is $40,000

Link
http://www.realmcrafter.com/abyssal/licensing.html

There may very well be ones for $150,000 but a lone or even a 4 or 5 man team isnt going to pay that kind of cash unless there rich. Im talking about indie people like you and me,not a big corporation like EA or Sony or Microshaft.

Oh and those prices up there are kind of high,you can only make 1 project for those prices,wich i think is insane.

BTW i got my refund,thank you TGC
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 05:54
LOL - I knew you would... I'd like to get my hands on UNREAL... but UN likely is what I'll I'll get LOL

--Jason

JamesJB34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 22:31 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2009 22:33
i take it back i wasn't refunded,when they refunded me,the amount of $99.99 was on hold,when i looked at my bank account today it says i was charged $99.99. It says this on my bank account;

01/02/2009 Purchase PURCHASE WP-THE GAME CREATO 12/31 $99.99

whats going on?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 22:35
DONT download it - I heard the guys are on vaca until the 12th... so they are on "light duty" meaning basic order taking is likely - customer service like you need - just hold up - chill... 12th-13th or so.

JamesJB34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 22:38 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2009 22:40
i was refunded i got a ticket stateing i was refunded but at the time the $99.99 was on hold.it disappeared for like 2 days then when i looked at my account today it says i was charged the amount.

Oh btw its not available for download so no worries there.

The ticket said this;

Hi James,

Your order has been fully refunded. Sorry you decided not to use it.

Rick Vanner
Financial Director
The Game Creators Ltd
www.thegamecreators.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:25:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:25:56