Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] Well it looks like we're getting some love

Author
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 07:41
I know I've done my share of complaining but I'm happy to report some good news some of you may have not read about yet. If you check out the newsletter you'll see this gem:

"You may recall that last month we did not cover any X10 news, which may explain the thread that popped up making vocal some of your concerns over the future of X10 development and specifically when the next update will be released. The reason most of our energies have been on DBP and X9 is that we spent around 15 months developing the X10 product, and we wanted to give something back to the DBP and X9 communities for being so patient with us during that project. I think we have done a great job with DBP and the spin-off product, Dark Game Studio, and X9 now has a host of new toys and a lot of stability and performance tweaks under the hood.

We think community lead development is a great way to create products and updates, and if the X10 guys want an update then that is what they are going to get!
Now the original TGC plan was to fire up the migration work starting 2009 and blend X9 and X10 together but it would probably take at least half a year with testing. We gave the choice to the X10 guys, and almost all of them wanted to see an update to X10 before a migration version which allows them to compile to X9 systems. We think community lead development is a great way to create products and updates, and if the X10 guys want an update then that is what they are going to get!

Starting January 2009 we will fire up the X10 development machine. We will start the process of what one forum user understands as 'givin X10 some lovin' and begin work on an update that addresses some of the issues you have been experiencing. Top of the list is the compatibility issues with ATI cards, and to that end we have purchased a DirectX 10 card that actually runs on a PCI slot if you can believe it! We also want to get the store and X9 models into X10 as gracefully and quickly as possible along the way. We have some other ideas too, but wait for the beta for news on those. Our hope is that X9 and DBP guys won't mind a little side-tour to X10 land for a few months, and anything new that goes into X10 will eventually make it back into the migration version and the next revision of DBP."

I myself would love to see some help with integration, (custom weapons,models,segments) or maybe even some tools to make it a lot easier. I guess we'll see what they have in store soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:36:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:36:22