Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Little help needed with matrix height

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone give me a simpple tutorial with those matrix height things? i just really don't know where to start. i know how to raise/lower matrix with values but it's a bit too slow way to make it. Mouse control or something would be nice.
the destroyer
Years of Service
User Offline
brother use if mouseklick()=1 then raise the matrix,,,

or if controlkey ()=1 and mouseklick()=1 then raise the matrix or whatever you use..
Regnuar
Years of Service
User Offline
The destroyer, a bit more detailed tutorial would be great
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 04:44
download VanB's TerScupt - its a terrain editor with full source... raises and lowers verts... but also saves data out into a format complete with heightmap info and "painted terrin" info - you can paint roads etc on the terrain too - up to 6 textures I think plus a form of lightmap (static shadowing).

--Jason

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 04:02 Edited at: 8th Jan 2009 04:05
That's the only way to do it... with those slow tile coordinates. The challenge is converting 3D positions into those tile coordinates so you can edit more easily.

Here's something I made a while back to test some of my functions from This Thread. Maybe it could help? It has a useful position to matrix tile function (called POS_TO_TILE) in it and it has lots of comments in it. Let me know if you need any help .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:16:13