Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Best in-game GUI to date?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wanting to know people's opinions on what the best and/or most complete in-game GUI would be.

I've tried out several of the ones found in the boards but most either don't work right or are incomplete altogether. I'm not necessarily looking for one finished, but atleast a good foundation that is scalable no matter what type of game.

ExtraGUI had alot of promise but even Diggsey's website is down and last post about it was almost 5 months ago (i think).

My windows editor started with BlueGUI but that's a no go also. I think TGC could make quite a bit of money by having a windows/in-game gui addon.

Thanks in advance

Mess with the best, die like the rest!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 04:35
Jeez jason, think you've advertised your wrapper in enough threads yet?

Anyways how complex do you want this in-game GUI to be? Is it going to have dozens of buttons and menus and options and what not, or is it gonna be a simple FPS HUD with an ammo display, simple pause menu etc?

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 04:40
LOL - Two more plugs til Quota I'm actually trying to keep up a little face value because I'm working on another major enhancement - if it bugs ya though - I'll try to chill... somewhat... but steering people toward C++ and other non basic, jit based, or tokenized programming languages is also part of my agenda... my agenda for helping people write software that runs really fast.

--Jason

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 04:51
Ah, I don't think it bugs anybody, just thought it was kind of funny, that's all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:23:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:23:35